Coco nutes for 0 EC soft water

Cocoab

1 hour ago, Herbal Kint said:

list is endless

I use advanced hydro A+B and had a look at their 'list'...can't be bothered with any of it,

I get good results without, certainly not worth all the extra expense for very little return.

• Like 1

Less is more I’ve found with growing. Rather just keep things as simple as possible.

• Like 1

I use Hydrocrop’s 2 part dry powder nutes which are very economical. My water is on the hard side so rarely any concerns re calcium, but because all of the calcium is in the A part any issues can usually be sorted just by adding some extra A into the feed.

A friend of mine who grows with RO water – who got me on to these nutes in the first place – uses only the Hydrocrop A and B, does not buffer the water EC first, and does not need to adjust pH because the nutes alone bring the pH in range. He grows some very impressive plants, way out of my league, but he does take a lot more care than I do! Maybe something worth considering?  Sal

49 minutes ago, greengal said:

I use Hydrocrop’s 2 part dry powder nutes which are very economical. My water is on the hard side so rarely any concerns re calcium, but because all of the calcium is in the A part any issues can usually be sorted just by adding some extra A into the feed.

A friend of mine who grows with RO water – who got me on to these nutes in the first place – uses only the Hydrocrop A and B, does not buffer the water EC first, and does not need to adjust pH because the nutes alone bring the pH in range. He grows some very impressive plants, way out of my league, but he does take a lot more care than I do! Maybe something worth considering?  Sal

someone else recently them to me as well mate. Sounds a bit of a pain in the arse to mix them up right enough. 

My water is also 0.0 from the tap.

I use Intense Nutrients Coco A + B,

plus MagCal to bring it up to EC 0.4 then topped up with A + B to required level.

You can see the results in my diaries(links in signature) :) 

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

I’m 0 ec out the tap been using canna coco for few years now only need magne/cal and it’s all good .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cocoab said:

someone else recently them to me as well mate. Sounds a bit of a pain in the arse to mix them up right enough. 

Just dissolve the powders in water to make two concentrated stock solutions, which are the same as A and B ready mixed liquid nutes. It's extremely easy (and way better value than the ready mixed stuff which is mostly water anyway!). Sal

• Like 1

@stummer I dont use calmag with advance, only with canna and shogun.

With canna calcium issues were rare but always have to use calmag with shogun

• Like 1

Was thinking use an ro system then just add tap water till I get my ec back up to 0.4ec and go from there with perfect ph nutes. Only thing putting me off if honest is how long I’ve been told it takes to get RO water. Was thinking just mix up a weeks worth of feed at a time and get a container with a tap so it’s ready to go.