Coco nutes for 0 EC soft water

Cocoab

Hi gents. 

can anyone with soft water recommend a coco base feed that’s been tried and tested with 0ec tap water. Trying to keep it simple. Ideally not a soft water specific feed as I’ve used one in the past and still had to add calmag at full strength. Any help much appreciated. Thanks! 

I’m got very soft water, 0ec and I’m a big advocate for the Dutch pro so/ro nutes, if your having calmag issues with your feed, then I would look at your environment, growing in lower temperatures and especially with a cold root zone will definitely give you issues, I would check these first before looking at feed.

1 minute ago, The Green Manalishi said:

I’m got very soft water, 0ec and I’m a big advocate for the Dutch pro so/ro nutes, if your having calmag issues with your feed, then I would look at your environment, growing in lower temperatures and especially with a cold root zone will definitely give you issues, I would check these first before looking at feed.

I’ve tried everything mate. Usually get the deficiency sorted in early veg. They look good nice and green until mid flower then the rust spots start. Are you in coco as well bud? 

Im in coco bud, how much are you feeding when they start showing?

Im in coco bud, how much are you feeding when they start showing?

feeding 1.6ec with water buffered to .4 with calmag. 28/23 degrees 55% humidity. In 4l pots so don’t know if that would have anything to do with it but they’re fed 3 or 4 times a day with plenty run off. 

Just now, Cocoab said:

28/23 degrees

Do you have a heat mat under your pots?

at 23c you will find that the root zone temperature is a lot lower than your air temperature, and canna likes warm roots, it might be taking to long for the coco to properly warm up causing a lock out, if you can get a constanty warm root zone, your plants will love it.

• Like 1

Do you have a heat mat under your pots?

at 23c you will find that the root zone temperature is a lot lower than your air temperature, and canna likes warm roots, it might be taking to long for the coco to properly warm up causing a lock out, if you can get a constanty warm root zone, your plants will love it.

thanks mate. I’ll try that. I’ll give Dutch pro a blast on the next run as well heard good things about it. What would ec would you normally top out in full flower with Dutch pro 1.6/1.8? 

• Like 1

Full flower around 1.8+ at about 3-4 weeks into flower they start getting real hungry 

canna, shogun and advanve-I have used all 3 and they are all good

14 minutes ago, doominik said:

canna, shogun and advanve-I have used all 3 and they are all good

Is your water 0ec bud 

@Cocoabyes mate im using RO. Canna and shogun were giving me perfect pH after mixig a+b and advance i have only used when going away 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, doominik said:

@Cocoabyes mate im using RO. Canna and shogun were giving me perfect pH after mixig a+b and advance i have only used when going away 

what ec are you bringing your water up to with calmag mate 0.4

So with advance nutes perfect ph, if you use RO water you still need to add cal mag? The nutes alone are not enough? Or would it be okay to mix some tap water to bring the ec up to say 0.4 and start from there? Been considering going over to ph perfect nutes. It’s just the slowness of filling with ro water that puts me off a little

Am not in UK but never had a need for cal mag with those nutes,you can pick a bottle just to have your mind at ease but i think it will stay on shelf. I dont use RO water,water ec is 0.6. Rootgrow(any brand)plus advanced coco AB is enough to go over g/w here. I havent tried rest of their range as list is endless lol