Oscillating fans keep braking

Bricky

9 hours ago, Herbal Kint said:

I ordered Typhoon from growshop,its standing one but its durable and gives out less noise ,it was 45euros i think but much better then shity ones i usually buy for a tenner.

Tower fans can be hanged sideway if space is issue,all clip fans i got are weak or die soon.

I hung a tower fan sideways for about a year, it worked well, its still working but makes a lot of noise on low speed because of the bearings being worn.

I did think recently that an air conditioning unit fan is probably built more robustly and designed to be used sideways like that.

Anyway I quite like tower fans now and just see fans as a consumable item, sadly, if they last more than a year they're ok.

My AC fan is still going strong into its 2nd grow ... it's running 24/7 with oscillating, only took a break during harvest. With the issue people have had with the AC fan, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good one ... it is very quite below 5.

At the moment i like it despite the price tag 🤨

12 hours ago, sweettooth said:

they do just slow down

Oh so they brake.

and fail.

They break too. They sound shit :P

• Haha 3

I don't oscillate (stopped years ago after fans failing constantly) 

and my fans last years running 24/7 now.

✌️ 

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 3

If any of you have the gen 1 ac fan they are sending free replacements. Mine clicks like fuck and has from about a month after I got it.

I filled in the form for a replacement but not sure they will send me one, I don't have the order number and the qc code sticker has faded so can't read the whole number :wallbash:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, handysmoker said:

My AC fan is still going strong into its 2nd grow ... it's running 24/7 with oscillating, only took a break during harvest. With the issue people have had with the AC fan, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good one ... it is very quite below 5.

At the moment i like it despite the price tag 🤨

How noisy is it though? The fault from 24hr oscillation is just an annoying little click, still quieter than most fans.

1 hour ago, darXound said:

How noisy is it though?

Below 5 it's quite ... mine is about 10ft behind my behind a cupboard door and nothing .... above 5 it's starts to get noisier. I haven't got any clicking, just annoying pause in the center of its oscillation cycle

41 minutes ago, handysmoker said:

Below 5 it's quite ... mine is about 10ft behind my behind a cupboard door and nothing .... above 5 it's starts to get noisier. I haven't got any clicking, just annoying pause in the center of its oscillation cycle

The pause is normal. They don't work like normal oscillating fans. The oscillation is powered by a separate EC motor with it's polarity being reversed on every cycle and not just a mechanical cog that you pop into place. The pause happens when the polarity is being switched.

Great video here on how they work and how they fixed the issues. You'll see it ain't like other fans https://youtu.be/twYA4srU1S0?si=EWiP66zv9ipzZ5_D

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, darXound said:

The pause is normal

Well in that case my fan is working well ... cheers for that 🙃

• Like 1

This was my solution to getting the fan sat at the right hight, camera tripod from car boot sale …..with full tilt and pan capability 😆 large.IMG_0793.jpg.71e8904f7988aef36fa28c849eac5340.jpg

Edited by The Green Manalishi
  • Like 1