Oscillating fans keep braking

Bricky

Hi all does anyone know why my fans keep packing in their the wall mounted ones, I have 3 and at least one packs in after every haul, I’ve tried lubricating but one off them has now stopped turning but still blows 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saddam said:

Discs or drums? lol 

You just can't help yourself, can you? :rofl: 

I suppose if a fan is breaking until stops, then it's braking...yes? :wassnnme:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You generally get what you pay for with these fans. I find it to be false economy to buy plastic fans and use standing or floor-mounted metal fans instead, although only the standing ones generally have the oscillating function.

Those pole-mounted cheapish oscillating fans are horribly short lived. And it's usually the oscillation that packs in first.

Edited by Clubs

Duronic are good fans, I get the wall mount ones attach to a plank of wood and use U bolts to fix it to the tent pole, always replace them every 18 months to 2 years as they do just slow down and fail.

wanna spend 50 quid minimum

Edited by sweettooth

ac infinity do an ec version but there expensive im on about the 5th run with it and never failed which normal osscilating fans give up after the first run 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, green beanz said:

ac infinity do an ec version but there expensive im on about the 5th run with it and never failed which normal osscilating fans give up after the first run 

my 2 are fucked,  would never buy again

42 minutes ago, sweettooth said:

would never buy again

I won't be replacing my cloudray when it finally packs up properly.

Its been clicking annoyingly for most of its life.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Circulation fans are imo one of the biggest risks we have in a room.

They seem consistently shite no matter what you get.

I think im running monkey circ fans,pole mounted but not moving.

I've had em at least 3 or 4 maybe 5 grows lol

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt
  • Like 1

The simple fact is most of these oscillating fans aren't designed to be run 24/7, even the expensive ones. 

• Like 4

Mine must be the 2nd gen AC Infinity ones that work. Not cheap but they have come down in price since I bought mine. And I have them running about 15hr a day, turning them off at night which reduces humidity in the cupboard for some reason unknown.. 

I also find USB fans good value, and you can mount them anywhere, just avoid the ones with a battery. 5v very unlikely to melt the fan or cause a fire. 

• Like 2

I ordered Typhoon from growshop,its standing one but its durable and gives out less noise ,it was 45euros i think but much better then shity ones i usually buy for a tenner.

Tower fans can be hanged sideway if space is issue,all clip fans i got are weak or die soon.

• Like 2

why not just use some of the standard air movers and hang a cew pointing different directions, I've got a couple of the ram floor fans now but hand them with bungees

• Like 1