week 7 ... exodus cheese ... yellow tips to tops of buds?

prawn

4 hours ago, prawn said:

hey herb :) - I'm running seems like cheese is more sensitive to light if thats the case as been running icecreamcake at max just fine...ah well live n learn ay- its been a few days tho and not much change yet

Might be so mate if others are ok and same hight,check for nanas just in case. Did a grow with 480w led and its impresive

• Like 1

What's the estimated finish time on these?

They look like they're nearing the end to me, nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

I had something similar,put it down to molybdenum deficiency. Yours look about done so too late in the game for any need to be chucking stuff at 'em,imo.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, prawn said:

yea thats what I thought too - have dimmed the lights to 30 d.l.i. in photones light meter app... but not seeing it getting any better... only a couple weeks to go but really wanted to get full potential - such a strong plant until a few days ago... 

Are you using a light meter linked to the app?

Or are you using the app on your phone/tablet by itself?

If it’s been light stress,

then reducing the lights for a few days won’t see them going back as they were,

once the damage is done it generally just gets worse(how quickly is up to the correction of the problem).

Atb

Edit: Excuse my ignorance but you said 15cf,

what does this mean?

☯️

Edited by Shumroom
ETA cf?
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, stu914 said:

What's the estimated finish time on these?

They look like they're nearing the end to me, nothing to worry about.

3 weeks to go - ideally ... yeah.. still getting used to these l.e.d.s after a longtime with hps ... had them for a year tho and not seen light stress from them yet with other strains.. thought cheese would be hardier... it's just a couple plants - the rest look perfect, was just worried it was a deficiency getting worse- think it's all good now ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr mcgregor said:

I had something similar,put it down to molybdenum deficiency. Yours look about done so too late in the game for any need to be chucking stuff at 'em,imo.

yeaman - 3 weeks to go .. they're gonna be lovely

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

Are you using a light meter linked to the app?

Or are you using the app on your phone/tablet by itself?

If it’s been light stress,

then reducing the lights for a few days won’t see them going back as they were,

once the damage is done it generally just gets worse(how quickly is up to the correction of the problem).

Atb

Edit: Excuse my ignorance but you said 15cf,

what does this mean?

☯️

just the app on my phone... using it as a rough guide- it's worked well so far ;)
15cf - 1.5 e.c. or summat like that :D 
thats good to know with the light stress.. sounds like I guessed right and adjusted pretty quicktime - they'll finish nice I reckon x

• Like 2

Not any help but ain’t the first time I’ve seen the same with plants. Seen it online and pretty sure I’ve had the same once or twice myself. Tbh at week 7 is it even worth fussing over it? Be flushing and chopping soon anyway won’t ya?

1 hour ago, prawn said:

just the app on my phone... using it as a rough guide- it's worked well so far ;)
15cf - 1.5 e.c. or summat like that :D 
thats good to know with the light stress.. sounds like I guessed right and adjusted pretty quicktime - they'll finish nice I reckon x

uni-t ut383 BT get one of these lad, bloototh one you can connect it then to Ppfd meter app. I belive it's more accurate than just a phone. Game changer for me that little tool

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, stummer said:

Not any help but ain’t the first time I’ve seen the same with plants. Seen it online and pretty sure I’ve had the same once or twice myself. Tbh at week 7 is it even worth fussing over it? Be flushing and chopping soon anyway won’t ya?

defo worth fussing if I thought (as I did) it might be nutrient def... I want them to fatten up nice in the last 2-3 weeks happy n healthy ;) .. looks like its just light stress so all as well as can be 

32 minutes ago, leszek91 said:

uni-t ut383 BT get one of these lad, bloototh one you can connect it then to Ppfd meter app. I belive it's more accurate than just a phone. Game changer for me that little tool

cool - will check it ;)

• Like 2

Yeah the UT383 BT is likely to give more accurate measurements/conversion than the photone app by itself 👍

Make sure you order the BT(Bluetooth version),

there’s a couple few of us who have ordered the non BT version only to realise our mistake lol

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

On 26/02/2024 at 17:47, Shumroom said:

Yeah the UT383 BT is likely to give more accurate measurements/conversion than the photone app by itself 👍

Make sure you order the BT(Bluetooth version),

there’s a couple few of us who have ordered the non BT version only to realise our mistake lol

Atb

☯️

I'm loving this light meter..fkn brilliant mate, proper takes the guesswork out..and you were right about accuracy... photone was off by 5dpi.

• Like 1

Hopefully this will be a valuable tool for helping you get your light levels right :) 

Are you pairing up with the PPFD app,

or does it work with the Photone one?

Atb

☯️

• Thanks 1