week 7 ... exodus cheese ... yellow tips to tops of buds?

prawn

sooo..week 7 .. 15cf..ph6.4...and a few plants are turning yellow at tops?..have tried a few days at lower light intensity and gave them a hit of pk (I don't usually use it) but not getting any better and slowly spreading...the airpots are on drippers fed 3 times a day and always damp but not waterlogged...anyone

out there recognising this and can tell me how to go forward?large.PXL_20240225_195359372.jpg.d841e08f8f7a55636ff2426b4d1c4b69.jpglarge.PXL_20240225_195416757.jpg.8bf26b1256488db82003e0cfab30913b.jpg

Edited by prawn
post pic twice

@prawn

Are you getting much run off?

I dont do Coco but if its the top growth being affected that would say a deficiency in a nutrient that does not move freely to me. I was thinking if your not getting much runoff then it may be a buildup of salts within the coco and in turn thats locked something out?

I may be talking absolubte shite though lol

@GSZZ What do you reckon?

:smokin:

• Like 2

nah thats good advice mate ;) 
run off is good tho .. am run to waste and always get a good 20% ...
I'm stumped 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Maybe a bit too much light intensity? 

yea thats what I thought too - have dimmed the lights to 30 d.l.i. in photones light meter app... but not seeing it getting any better... only a couple weeks to go but really wanted to get full potential - such a strong plant until a few days ago... 

3 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

What's your VPD?

just checked me Govee :)
dont really use vpd - just make sure temp and humidity on point... but says between 1 and 2 kPa?

5 minutes ago, Herbal Kint said:

Id bet on the light to mate,you running same setup as usually?

hey herb :) - I'm running 4 spiderfarmer sf 7000 ... yeaman - and yeah - was pushing them to max - d.l.i. was at 45-50...
have turned them right down for end of flower so hopefully thatll do it.... seems like cheese is more sensitive to light if thats the case as been running icecreamcake at max just fine...ah well live n learn ay- its been a few days tho and not much change yet

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, prawn said:

dont really use vpd - just make sure temp and humidity on point

Yeah same lol, but it felt like a good question lol

My tents ceiling is very low, so I can't really avoid light stress. I try to shoot for 28C and about 60% RH, they seem to prefer it over lower humidity. it's a bit high for rot prevention but plenty of internal air circulation and minimising any sharp drops in temperature should put a stop to that for the most part. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Yeah same lol, but it felt like a good question lol

My tents ceiling is very low, so I can't really avoid light stress. I try to shoot for 28C and about 60% RH, they seem to prefer it over lower humidity. it's a bit high for rot prevention but with plenty of air circulation and minimising any sharp drops in temperature should put a stop to that for the most part. 

haha was good question...almost sound like we know what we're doing ay :D 

yeaman same ... am running humidity lower for end of flower tho... also - lights are a good two foot away from plants.. but they were turned up max so......

Well I can understand the trepidation, but I reckon, if you let the humidity raise a bit, maybe even just during lights on, it would probably reduce the problem. I reckon lol

1 minute ago, MindSoup said:

Well I can understand the trepidation, but I reckon, if you let the humidity raise a bit, maybe even just during lights on, it would probably reduce the problem. I reckon lol

nice one I'll give it a go ay and keep the lights dimmed to 70% and cross fingers.. see whappens in a few days