Switching from coco to rockwool?

mubo

Fella if my og post was confusing I’m sorry, I ain’t an Athena band boi, it’s a system I am seeing results from but want to see if I can push it further. I have grown in more or less every system, not over a span of 10 years though. I’ve grown in rockwool years ago and had some blinding buds. Things have moved on.

8 hours ago, mubo said:

would the rockwool out perform the coco?

4 minutes ago, mubo said:

I’ve grown in rockwool years ago and had some blinding buds.

If you grew in rockwool years ago and are currently using coco surely you can tell if there's a difference?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stu914 said:

If you grew in rockwool years ago and are currently using coco surely you can tell if there's a difference?

Jesus did you go to a grow shop 30 years ago? If you did you would know things are different now. What’s with the I wanna be a met police officer?

lol its the contradictory nature of your posts mate - none of us can tell you whats better, because not one is better than the other, it all depends on what suits you. You see rockwool as popular now, not because "things are different now" but because its cheaper. These big commercial grows you salivate over online have got very narrow profit margins, rockwool is pence per block rather than dollars per pot for something like coir - and its less labour intensive, but it doesn't neccesarily mean its better, it just means its cheaper - and that information is misinterpreted by growers like yourself as that X is better than Y.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

lol its the contradictory nature of your posts mate - none of us can tell you whats better, because not one is better than the other, it all depends on what suits you. You see rockwool as popular now, not because "things are different now" but because its cheaper. These big commercial grows you salivate over online have got very narrow profit margins, rockwool is pence per block rather than dollars per pot for something like coir - and its less labour intensive, but it doesn't neccesarily mean its better, it just means its cheaper - and that information is misinterpreted by growers like yourself as that X is better than Y.

now that is the best thing you have said👍informative. But you seem to think I have just jumped on the’crop steer’ method. It’s something I have sort of done but without direction for a few years, until it started to  be

popular about 10 years ago. I love coco and it’s more of is the grass greener on the other side.😂

10 hours ago, mubo said:

What’s with the I wanna be a met police officer?

As insults go that's pretty good...ffs if you only knew my opinion of the boys in blue...

I probably went to one of the first grow shops in the country over 40 years ago and plenty has changed,

There are many very experienced growers on here, I've shown you how I grow medium free but as you obviously know more than all of us put together I suggest you crack on mate.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Scroggersean said:

All other things being equal, yes the rockwool should outperform the coco. However, its also much less forgiving. A friend of mine switched from nft with rockwool to coco because he killed 6 plants literally overnight when he accidentally pulled the hose from the pump out of the nft tank and into the water, so the plants went with no water for over 24 hours about 2 weeks from harvest. Somewhere between 40 and 45 ozs dead. And the twit was just gonna bin everything if I hadnt convinced him to press it into rosin.

Why was he using rockwool and or coco  in NFT ? That may be the issue he had. Never seen that done before .:oldtoker:

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 2

Hats off to all the hydro growers still working like bees with all those pumps, checks, testing etc. I fill my res with tap water and that’s the only thing I do after feeding the coco. 

keep bustin’ 🫡

• Like 1

😂…. Has he been hiding again?! That bastard. Just coz his dads a bit of a big shot thinks he can do what he wants innit.