MY DREAM JOB !

loobyloots

On 07/02/2024 at 11:01, KC said:

Give Humbolt County a miss though, there was a documentary on it, can't recall which service but loads of people go missing there or get murdered (canna workers).

Grim!

Trimmers mainly female, bad vibes and people on Murder Mountain. 

• WOW 1

Shame it would be a lovely place to live and just do a bit of trimming to get by. 

The world sucks lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KC said:

Shame it would be a lovely place to live and just do a bit of trimming to get by. 

The world sucks lol

Plenty of trimming work in Cali, got to have fast trim speed, and meticulous. Mainly women as they are quicker. 

Imagine trimming weed for a living. You’d need a super high boredom threshold. At least at the Haribo factory yer allowed to nick a few sweets as you go …

Edited by mikeydoughnut

6 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

Imagine trimming weed for a living. You’d need a super high boredom threshold. At least at the Haribo factory yer allowed to nick a few sweets as you go …

$200 a pound dry trimmed from memory. The trim teams move from factory to factory. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ch@ppers said:
40 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

$200 a pound dry trimmed from memory. The trim teams move from factory to factory. 

Thats £9.92 an oz , exchange rate adjusted and some cultivators expect trimmers to bosh through 40oz a day.

I'll stick with picking over polyanthus, i don't even trim my own weed  lol

:yinyang:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

, i don't even trim my own weed  lol

Lol poor Mrs Pump …

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Thats £9.92 an oz , exchange rate adjusted and some cultivators expect trimmers to bosh through 40oz a day.

I'll stick with picking over polyanthus, i don't even trim my own weed  lol

Some of those women work at scissor hand speeds, bussed all over the area to other places as soon as one crop is finished, you see trim-team adverts in grow-stores, their work is meticulous. large.64253b947eea6_D043DFC5-464C-477C-8922-7563A48AD95E(1).jpeg.a46f37f902b051d4a3d29584233fce95.jpeg

• Like 2

Can’t lie trimming would drive me nuts lol .

Can I ask though, is the main reason people get a job in the industry simply because of not having the money to get themselves set up? Maybe that’s the case with a lot of jobs and industries. 
Just the idea of growing weed for a living sounds a lot better if doing it for yourself. Maybe it feels different than other industries as doing that already. 

@Ch@ppers how’s the businesses doing abroad? No doubt making a profit or wouldn’t be going. I imagine though it’s not all as green as perhaps many imagined? “ the black market” still doing alright n taking sales simply because of things like not paying tax.

1 minute ago, BilgePump said:

im using that exact pair of snips on the polys right now!

I use those fiskars too, but has anyone taken the plunge on the more expensive ceramic coated ones that apparently don't get clogged with resin? If so are they much better?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

lol@Ch@ppersim using that exact pair of snips on the polys right now!

@mikeydoughnut

They are one of the pairs of snips of choice of pro trimmers stateside, as well as Chikamasa. 

30 minutes ago, Ch@ppers said:

as well as Chikamasa. 

I keep my t10 chikas at home with the niwaki secs , cheap and cheerful for work innit.

Best-in scissors from’t co-op …. Oh n a biscuit n raisin yorkie for’t walk home …

• Like 1