MY DREAM JOB !

loobyloots

So I am looking for any hints or tips on how I can go about getting into the medical cannabis industry ! My dream job is within the cannabis industry and as a medical cannabis patient myself I know how much this helps people and I want to be involved in this ! I wouldn't know where to start or where to look so any advice will be hugely appreciated. 

Think you have to become a tory and then its who you know and some back handers.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

My friends who have worked/do work in the industry are grumpy fucks,  disillusioned and just waiting for Eden to put em out of a job.

If you have a job keep it for the time being id say.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

grumpy fucks,  disillusioned

That's probably better than being dead like the woman the cannabis industry in the USA killed on the job.

• Like 1

I couldn't work in a hypocritical industry run by the very people who have criminalised and abused cannabis users for years.

It would be a different story if you could set up a craft cannabis business and produce the very best similar to craft beer/cider companies but that's not how the industry works, it's all big government companies running the show and putting out weed that I wouldn't want to be medicating with.

Another problem I have is that supporting the medical cannabis industry is an acceptance of the system that decides who can and who can not use cannabis based on their medical requirements which I don't agree with.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Hazeytones said:

I couldn't work in a hypocritical industry run by the very people who have criminalised and abused cannabis users for years.

Totally agree with this.

Whilst the thought of working with cannabis as part of ones full time job sounds like a dream I really wouldn't want to be in that gang personally.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Hazeytones said:

It would be a different story if you could set up a craft cannabis business and produce the very best similar to craft beer/cider companies

It's true for any hobby you turn into a job, unless you run the show and never expand beyond a certain size you'll stop enjoying it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BilgePump said:

probably, yeah :unsure:

Sorry, that was a bit blunt, I just still haven't got over them actually finding a way to kill someone with cannabis in the pursuit of money. The joys of capitalism...

• Like 1

If you want to work in the production side, it's basically commercial horticulture, so they will be looking for experience/qualifications in that field (or greenhouse!).

There's only a few UK production sites in operation currently, so maybe see if they have any vacancies and what kind of thing they look for. E.g. Hilltop Leaf

If it was the same as the craft beer industry then yeah no problem.

I have a friend who runs a small cider company, he goes around local pubs gives them testers and if they want to stock his cider he supplies them, he also sells direct to the public at food fairs ect. This is all done by him, he grows his own apples and has a small brewery at his house and goes to the pubs himself. He loves doing it but he would never go and get a job working in the strongbow factory.

The same applies to cannabis, if there was an option to buy cannabis from a family run business vs buying mass produced government shite I'm sure alot of medical users who are paying for a prescription would rather buy from a craft supplier than mass produced.

That fact that they aren't allowed to grow their own says enough for me. They except that you need it for medical reasons so you can buy it off them but yet you can't grow it yourself at home, it's just another scam.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hazeytones said:

s and has a small brewery at his house

Pedant Alert!

I believe that cider is fermented not brewed  😛

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, latigid aikon said:

kill someone with cannabis

Aside from dropping it on them from a great height?

• Like 1

@monkeypigyour 100% correct it's really a cidery but most people are happy enough to call it a brewery, you could even go for apple fermentation/processing facility I suppose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monkeypig said:

fermented not brewed 

Correct....

44 minutes ago, Hazeytones said:

cidery

No!!

Down yur in cider country ww calls them pulpatoriums  :unsure:.....

.... Cider works is the correct term for the place apples go to die.

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 1