What is a seedbank where I can find strains for colder climates?

childofmelee

I'm looking for a strain that can handle cold climates. I'm actually from a temperate climate but the grow site is right by a snowy mountain which makes it a cold climate.

Anyone know any seed banks where I can start my search?

Try using a search engine and stop asking these fucking ridiculous questions, our members aren't here to constantly spoon-feed you information which you could easily research yourself.

What is a seedbank? Jebus

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi,if you go on to any seed bank  site you can select always for what type of seed are you looking for,high flower time,indica,sativa,weather etc...large.Screenshot_20240205_073544_Chrome.jpg.78679739b861a53e7b21cd4af2c71176.jpg

Something like this or you can filter your search

• Like 3

Search Nordic genetics. Also real gorilla seeds, alfemco, pro seeds, gnomes garden seeds. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Saddam said:

Try using a search engine and stop asking these fucking ridiculous questions, our members aren't here to constantly spoon-feed you information which you could easily research yourself.

What is a seedbank? Jebus

I started my search at google by googling "cannabis strains for colder climates" and was given a whole bunch of seedbanks trying to sell their seeds....strains from warmer climates like OG Kush, Durban Poison, etc.  Next I tried googling this forum "uk420 cannabis strains for colder climates"...nothing.  Next I tried googling "420magazine cannabis strains for colder" and not much there either.

Out of ideas I came here.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Search Nordic genetics. Also real gorilla seeds, alfemco, pro seeds, gnomes garden seeds. 

Great!! That's what I'm looking for.  Cheers👍

• Like 3

Serious Seeds Biddy Early might be worth a look. Don't go for big thick colas. Buds want to be fairly separate to reduce mould risk.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, childofmelee said:

I started my search at google by googling "cannabis strains for colder climates" and was given a whole bunch of seedbanks trying to sell their seeds....strains from warmer climates like OG Kush, Durban Poison, etc.  Next I tried googling this forum "uk420 cannabis strains for colder climates"...nothing.  Next I tried googling "420magazine cannabis strains for colder" and not much there either.

Out of ideas I came here.

Ignore the pathetic fuck mate. It was a fair question.

Imagine doing that with your time. Sad cunt.

Edited by -Roots-
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

I would look at Indica dominant strains. The Kush mountains get cold. I grew a 'Bubblegum' strain years ago that was grown in colder than ideal temperatures but worked out alright.

What are the soil temperatures like? How far is the snow away?

Edited by Lux_Interior
stuff
  • Like 1

Don't grow weed on a snowy mountain. Not unless you live there, seems a bit pointless if you live temperate. 

• Like 1

Iranian auto flower might be worth a shot. It'd be worth it to get them now and make more seed. Maybe best to stagger the germination by two or three weeks and go for three batches. They're very fast to mature, not a lot of leaf, but not very potent. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lux_Interior said:

I would look at Indica dominant strains. The Kush mountains get cold. I grew a 'Bubblegum' strain years ago that was grown in colder than ideal temperatures but worked out alright.

What are the soil temperatures like? How far is the snow away?

I'm looking at a bubblegum cross now, Honey Gas from Old School Genetics. 

I'm not sure about the soil temperatures but that is a good point, I'm going to also have to be careful when I plant out not to do so too early.

The snow is a few kilometres away at an elevated position but close enough to make the area cold.

Airy, loose media as well to mitigate the damp and cold cutting the air off in the roots. 

• Like 1