where to find dry sift screens?

ramblingmadman

Not posted on here for ages , I've got a load of last year's (more or less) untrimmed outdoor that I want to make into hash.

Where can I buy a "drysift screen set" that doesn't cost a fortune ?

I'd like to get a smallish set with two, maybe three screens .

At a push I could possibly make these, but I'd rather get a set of something like that already made if one exists.

I'm also concerned about the untrimmed nature of the material, so I plan to "clean" the resulting trichomes.

Anywhere I should look online?

Thanks all.

Edited by ramblingmadman

Google 'Sifting screens for hash' or similar - lots of options !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I found a place that sells stainless steel mesh of the right threadcount to be equivalent to 75μm.  It cost £10 for the A4 screen.  Then I sandwiched it in a frame. As I have a trimbin which has a built in screen somewhat larger than that, I can sift the basic level using the Trimbin and then down to a comfortable quality size with the homemade screen.

I have a series of bags for making bubble hash and a couple of the American 5 gallon buckets from Halfords, which also did the job beautifully.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can get printing silk screens for a good price, someone posted a thread on here about it a while ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you are going to make a screen, consider buying single thread polyester mesh. It’s much better for static extraction and shit doesn’t get stuck in them like twisted fibres 👍🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Buy some bubble bags and you can use them for bubble or dry sift. Cut the rim off a bucket, and cut the centre out of the lid stretch the bag over the rim and then put the lid on to hold it stretched. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@MindSoup   Good thinking fella. My only question would be, with the cost of a bubble bag, would this be best with much cheaper mesh?  Great idea though to avoid framing the mesh👍

I bought a great set from bubble man about 10 years ago, was about 150 if I remember right, worth every penny, hash comes out better than most bubble 

• Like 2

got my metal ones on fleabay. put in silk screens and look up the threads per inch you need. 

15 hours ago, latigid aikon said:

You can get printing silk screens for a good price, someone posted a thread on here about it a while ago.

20 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Screen printers 

For some reason I've just remembered who that someone was lol

• Like 3

Yeah that’s my screen printing hash thread. I use my sift for edibles, so I’d recommend a finer, final screen if you wanna full melt smoke. Your lungs 🫁 will get stuck together regardless, even if you vape the stuff. 

Always thought hash was invented for mixing with baccy and smuggling, not smoked by itself, well, not regularly anyway. 👍🏼

large.IMG_6377.JPG.cd1ba4cbf0d628139557244fd4f31353.JPGlarge.IMG_6401.JPG.44260b0d75ba561d4b70b579f9c6fda4.JPGlarge.IMG_6395.JPG.3897b127b3d25c042a4115952564b741.JPG

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Always thought hash was invented for mixing with baccy and smuggling,

Post Howard Marks era yeah, prior to that it was smoked for hundreds, maybe thousands, of years in chilllums and hookahs etc.

EDIT: Hookahs date to the 1500's, chillums and pipes are much older, 2000BC or earlier.

Edited by latigid aikon
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, monkeypig said:

@MindSoup   Good thinking fella. My only question would be, with the cost of a bubble bag, would this be best with much cheaper mesh?  Great idea though to avoid framing the mesh👍

Bubble bag dude 5 set is 35 quid. Cheap as chips and does 2 jobs. 

• Thanks 1