GROW DOTS.. Anyone tried them?

GuerillaOG

With tried & tested methods , some even free !!    Why mess about with unknown quantities ?    

Each to their own and always happy to learn ,  good luck with it and keep a VERY colse eye on the babies when they get going 👍

• Like 2

It's a worrying time when the cannabis specific marketing BS starts bleeding into the world of GGing. 

@GuerillaOG just for reference sake 150 quid would buy you a 25kg bag of Osmocote Pro, almost a lifetime supply of fertiliser there. Or it would buy you 178kg of blood fish and bone or about 90kg of suplhate of potash. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

It's a worrying time when the cannabis specific marketing BS starts bleeding into the world of GGing. 

@GuerillaOG just for reference sake 150 quid would buy you a 25kg bag of Osmocote Pro, almost a lifetime supply of fertiliser there. Or it would buy you 178kg of blood fish and bone or about 90kg of suplhate of potash. 

I think that comparing both Osmocote and Grow dots, they seem like very similar products with Grow dots coming in slightly higher volume of most ingredients and it actually states less is needed so as far as value for money is concerned its not as wider gap, I think you right that Osmocote is cheaper and probably does the same job as its a very similar product but it wonder if grow dots is a superior product that has tweaked the elements of Osmocote for a reason. I'm still not convinced. 

Yeah they might have a slight, probably inconsequential difference in formula, but Osmocote grows plants very well as it is, outdoor plant's aren't anywhere near as fussy as indoor plants, maybe because they have the native soil to work with as well.

By all means spend your money however you like, but for the sake of 20 quid I'd recommend you do a side by side, a few with osmo and a few with FBB and SOP, see what difference it makes. Who knows maybe you'll have the whole GG community buying Growdots! 

I would be very surprised if FBB And SOP don't do the best out of the three, but I'm often proven wrong. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 4

On 20/01/2024 at 20:43, GuerillaOG said:
  • Grow dots were created for Guerilla growing and give nutrients from start to finish. 

Anyone tried them for Guerilla grow UK?

large_crop.png.e957de16619ad925f611811eca960ba7.png

Hi mate,

They are just another gimmick aimed at cannabis growers due to the demand for such products now that growing cannabis is so popular around the world 

They will work due to having a mix of loads of types of fertiliser in them but they are overpriced for what they are 

It's just marketing aimed at a booming industry 

It happens in all types of booming industries 

My sister in-law works in the beauty industry and goes to these events days where people sell all sorts of beauty related products and there's a company that supplies nail polish and products to most the well known brands out there who then label the bottles as their own and some are a lot cheaper than others due to the popularity of their brand but the products are the same

I worked in a food factory in my early days that used to produce frozen food and microwave meals for two supermarkets, can't remember the second but one was sainsbury's 

One was cheaper than the other but again, same ingredients 

By all means, go for it but always take company marketing with a pinch of salt 

Cant beat chicken manure, bone meal, FBB and SOP in my opinion and 20kg-25kg bags are cheap to buy if you look on google for a bit.

They last a few seasons if your only growing a plot or two

• Like 6

Osmocote is the mainstay slow-release fertiliser of the hort industry, its the dogs bollocks, with many variations of NPK and release patterns. Only downside is fact it needs mixing in (no top dress) & price.  

You can have just as healthy plants with chicken shit, FBB etc, or even good old growmore, but they’re bulky/heavy/smelly in comparison, and generally needs re-application (depending on when & what you’re planting). 

As @crazy-sheepdraws comparisons with beauty industry,  same is true for health supplements (very similar thing when you boil it down). 

You can spend as much as you like on well marketed iron supplements, it’s all just food grade ferrous glucanate re-packaged / branded.  

And unless you’re prone to anima, you get plenty from eating cornflakes & baked beans. Chuck some canned sardines and citrus into the mix, and you’re  pretty much set.   

It just feels better to spend money on something marketed at curing a specific problem.   97% of hydro industry is same thing.  Go to Yara and cut out the middle man (spend the difference on sponsoring a donkey or helping the homeless).  

Sure once in a while it’s worth having some cannabis specific product, but that’s the exception as apposed to the rule, especially so outdoors as mindsoup says.  Plots with decent soil, you often don’t need to add anything at all.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 4