2024 Season - But what strain?

GuerillaOG

@McHazy @Crow River was looking into Scottish a while back, think he scored a pack and was thinking of making a batch of seeds. 

I reckon a fair few of HFH/Scandinavian strains would stand a chance of finishing in Scotland. 

• Like 2

Deffo gonna be  ordering a pack of flc soon the new autos from RBS look decent to 

• Like 1

@MindSoup I could be misremembering but I think that quite a few of hfh strains were bred for northern climates 

Gotta admit the idea o goin yompin about in the miserable as fuck weather we had up here for months now has little appeal these days like lol

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

MWF did well for people at lat 58 in Europe.  

There will be a BX1 version available soon, which I think would also stand a good chance of finishing at such high latitudes. 

Happy to send a few seeds out in spring if you fancy giving it a try.  Cheers 

Thats awesome news 🥰     I have a single solitary bean lecft and was holding off running it.     Thanks man

I will happily take a few packs please  👍      A firm fav and missed not having it about.

Romped home with ease just north of Glasgow in a GG with zero dramas.       Made my day  Slim mate 😀

• Like 4

2 hours ago, McHazy said:

@MindSoup I could be misremembering but I think that quite a few of hfh strains were bred for northern climates 

Gotta admit the idea o goin yompin about in the miserable as fuck weather we had up here for months now has little appeal these days like lol

Yeah he breeds all his stuff outdoors in Denmark/Skandanavia. I don't blame you mate, beautiful part of the world but not the most inviting at times, bringing back memories of sleeping in a snow hole out near Aviemore in early January lol.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

There will be a BX1 version available soon

🥰 yes pls 👍

• Like 3

Am south of the border but not by that much here. Ran a few hfh strains back in the early 20 teens, most finished but I seemed to end up with pounds of semi-decent buds rather than ounces of very good ones.

Some of the RGS earliest stuff will surely finish north of the border. My single mighty gold plant finished late September with no mold last year and it was a very poor season. 

At my lat it's a case of staggering autos and early photos, harvesting what works, taking the best bits of what nearly does and accepting that other whole plants will go to mush when pushed or simply be frozen before they're done.  Every year is a learning curve and for every nice strain that comes in, there seems to be at least one other that I think would have been nice if it finished. Put the work in to prep and getting them off to the best start possible  (not too pampered though) and some will perform.  That's between lat 54 and 55 though. 

When I was travelling the highlands many years ago, I saw some greenhouses and lean to glass against South facing walls that screamed success and that was twenty or more years ago with what we had then.  If I was up lat 57 or 58, I'd be doing selected autos in very well vented glass or poly guerilla plots in well picked places and putting plenty about the place to bring in a few.  Best bit about northern lats as has been said earlier is the choice of plots and next to no other GGers. I've lived in three places over the last dozen years and have always had a plot within a mile or two of home.  Think it though, then make it happen and your jars will never empty.  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, MindSoup said:

sleeping in a snow hole out near Aviemore in early January lol

Clearly you are some sort of insane mental person :yep:

ye must have fitted right in up here lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It did make me question my sanity, I have to admit lol. Don't think I'd be in a hurry to do it again. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2024 at 16:30, MindSoup said:

@McHazy @Crow River was looking into Scottish a while back, think he scored a pack and was thinking of making a batch of seeds. 

I reckon a fair few of HFH/Scandinavian strains would stand a chance of finishing in Scotland. 

I managed to make contact with the breeder, but did not secure any Scottish seeds alas. I'm done buying seeds for a while, will use what I have...

@badbillybob How's it going mate? 

Have you considered Light dep? 

Just in case you've not seen it please see below...

ATB

PR

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Here are the photoperiods I'll be running this year:

Strawberry Sherbert Cola - Sweet Seeds

Tropicana Poison - Sweet Seeds

Runtz Fast Flowering - Humboldt Seeds (Austria)

Cake Bomb Fast Flowering - Blimburn Seeds

Pilsbury Droboy - Trilogene Seeds

Banana Foster - Trilogene Seeds

Supremium - Inhouse Genetics

The last three are total wild cards. Plus ill maybe run some auto and hopefully some Alfemco gear.

ATB.

Polski.

• Like 2

On 23/01/2024 at 12:16, badbillybob said:

that fast lemon cake looks like a winner to me.

pity feck all finishes in the Northern wastelands, where i am.

In my time about 15 years ago growing on mountains at 55nl the danish strains where all that would finish. Tanska's Typhoon strain was mold resistant as hell, although I'm sure the strain has changes in the last 15 years.

• Like 3