2024 Season - But what strain?

GuerillaOG

I did total of 4.5 ounces dry weight last year and it was my 3rd year guerilla growing so i was not very happy ( weather was a joke )

This year I'm determined to get a bumper crop by coming at it from every angle. Best Soil, Deep holes full of top quality feed, including trialing of "grow dots" complete outdoor 4 month fertilizer, deep pond on every site instead of winging it with a few buckets and then new solid cages and mulch/hay on top of watered plants to keep it moist through early summer months. I've made mistakes every year so hopefully this year i can learn from my mistakes. 

I was thinking

25x SUPER61 from Real Gorilla Seeds

25x EARLY GRAPE BERRY from Real Gorilla Seeds

Any other recommendations would be well appreciated. Thanks 

• Like 1

What lat you at?

Fast Lemon Cake from panik was my best all round performer last year. Good structure, had the best mould resistance and a good yield of uniform buds. Lemon terps, fairly strong smoke. Seen several others who found the same. Would be a safe bet for ya.

Sweet seeds Gorilla Sherbet was the best smoke for me personally but lost quite a bit to rot though and not the biggest plants.

Make sure those holes your putting all that work into get as much sun as possible, the more open the better, helps with air flow as well 👍

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Aphatspliff said:

What lat you at?

Fast Lemon Cake from panik was my best all round performer last year. Good structure, had the best mould resistance and a good yield of uniform buds. Lemon terps, fairly strong smoke. Seen several others who found the same. Would be a safe bet for ya.

Sweet seeds Gorilla Sherbet was the best smoke for me personally but lost quite a bit to rot though and not the biggest plants.

Make sure those holes your putting all that work into get as much sun as possible, the more open the better, helps with air flow as well 👍

@ around 53 lat, Thanks for the advice mate, yeah i think i need to do some major trimming around sites this pre season.  I will take a look at the fast lemon cake. ta.

I grew both S61 and FLC last year I would do the FLC over the S61 better smoke and earlier finishing haven't grown Early Grape Berry but does look interesting 

• Like 2

Have grown all, I would defiantly run the fast lemon cake, similar to @Aphatspliff and @bfehillbilly have said it’s really gonna take some bearing for uniformity and knowing what to get m, decent bag appeal and a lovely strain imo,early grape berry is lovely but you have got to sex them being regs, but a good berry pheno is there just not the strongest smoke 

hope that helps stig 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Stigofthedank said:

Have grown all, I would defiantly run the fast lemon cake, similar to @Aphatspliff and @bfehillbilly have said it’s really gonna take some bearing for uniformity and knowing what to get m, decent bag appeal and a lovely strain imo,early grape berry is lovely but you have got to sex them being regs, but a good berry pheno is there just not the strongest smoke 

hope that helps stig 

How did the Early Grape Berry do against  the dreaded rot might be something to pollen chuck with since they are regs

• Like 1

that fast lemon cake looks like a winner to me.

pity feck all finishes in the Northern wastelands, where i am.

• Like 3

Am nae any better than you for location  @badbillybob but I have had some autos reach the finish without too much headache autos are about it outdoors up here tho lol

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

pity feck all finishes in the Northern wastelands, where i am.

21 minutes ago, McHazy said:

autos are about it outdoors up here tho

MWF did well for people at lat 58 in Europe.  

There will be a BX1 version available soon, which I think would also stand a good chance of finishing at such high latitudes. 

Happy to send a few seeds out in spring if you fancy giving it a try.  Cheers 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Amarillo slim said:

MWF did well for people at lat 58 in Europe.  

There will be a BX1 version available soon, which I think would also stand a good chance of finishing at such high latitudes. 

Happy to send a few seeds out in spring if you fancy giving it a try.  Cheers 

im tempted tbh as i cant afford to run indoors this year, with electric costs etc.

Its all weather dependant up here, ive grown plants out but usually come september october the weather gets to them

.in a decent summer i can get them to about 5-6 ft, and budding before the rot gets em.

if pre vegged for a few weeks before plant out (first week in june previously) they usually do well enough.

i even thought about constructing some form of shelter over them for the later part of the year.

theres no shortage of excelllent plots either its just getting them finished.

if you fancy sending out a few beans in Spring then, and feel confident that theyll finish, by all means,  give me a nudge and ill put some efforrt into prepping some sites.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, McHazy said:

Am nae any better than you for location  @badbillybob but I have had some autos reach the finish without too much headache autos are about it outdoors up here tho lol

yeah im inclined to agree mate.

• Like 1

Hybrids from hell used to do one called Scottish which iirc was supposed to have been bred for finishing at northerly latitudes

I never tried it myself tho and don't know much about it or if ye can even still get it

E2A Nice offer @Amarillo slim I will keep it in mind aye :yep:

Edited by McHazy
  • Like 3