Still getting smell with new carbon filter

Bricky

You want tape, clamps and tape over your clamps.

Plus some more tape.

TAAAAAAPE!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

But not duct tape lol

the adhesive is no good at higher temperatures.

Best to use aluminium tape 🤾‍♀️

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

But not duct tape lol

Nooo I like Black Electrical tape, I do it like this video:

I use Phonic trap ducting so I tape the inner ducting to the connection, then clamp over that (then tape over the clamp) that way there is no way there's a leak at the join. Works the same with regular ducting just less layers.

• Like 1

i find that theres duct tape, then theres proper duct tape, go to fixscrew n get the cloth duct tape. ive used it for years, no issues.

also filter straight to fan. i make up a collar from old paint tub (plastic,) tape it to filter, then tape fan over it.

• Like 3

Sometimes the carbon in the filter settles and leaves a small gap that that air can pass through without being scrubbed. when you refit it to the ducting give it a good shake in all directions before refitting 

• Like 1

@RUFUS HOUND @badbillybob @DeltaMelter @Shumroom @inceywinceyspider thanks a lot guys and the others I didn’t tag I checked my ducting and their was a gap round the back which must off not been fully pulled on, it was the ducting what was venting out so it was probably pulling unfiltered smell out with it so for now the smell has gone so fingers crossed it’s done the job 

• Like 8