Still getting smell with new carbon filter

Bricky

Could anyone please help I thought it was my old carbon filter I’m still getting smell through the exhaust vent I had a carboair before and that started smelling so I replaced with a mountainair and the same is happening  again 

How is it connected to the fan?

what is your humidity level?

Can you post a picture 

3 minutes ago, Bricky said:

@inceywinceyspider it’s connected by ducting with clamps and humidity is in 50’s currently 4 week flower 

Humidity is good,  its probably the ducting, is it flexible?

Can you join the fan directly to the filter and tape the joint, it's the best way either that or solid ducting.

I'd recheck all the ductwork connections post filter, also check the ducting itself for holes/punctures. 

Nothing extreme about your RH to cause immediate/premature filter failure. 

You either have non filtered air being pulled into the extraction system or a faulty new filter. How much use had the original Carboair seen? 

Oh right, so the mountain air isn't new. Would still expect both to still be working properly. 

I've had a brand new AC Infinity filter totally fail in the first month of use under normal RH conditions. 

I'd suspect you have a leak. 

If you going filter straight to fan I would use a collar I find them better than just tape.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Bricky said:

@inceywinceyspider yeah it’s flexible ducting and I’ll try join the fan directly to the filter see if that helps 

Aye, flexible ducting always leaks a tiny bit, it develops pin holes all over.

2 hours ago, inceywinceyspider said:

How is it connected to the fan?

And how is it set up.

2 hours ago, Bricky said:

@inceywinceyspider it’s connected by ducting with clamps and humidity is in 50’s currently 4 week flower 

Do you suck or blow?

A photo or diagram of your setup might help us to diagnose the problem :) 

Atb

:yinyang: