Super Vega Grow Pots?

Chal

:D S'me, again!

Seen these, on my digging around the net. They look like they sound the bollocks. Look weird as all fuck, in honesty! But, what tiny bit I've been able to find on them? I like the idea :)

I've also had Such a fucking Nightmare, simply trying to find 'normal' pots, practically Anywhere ~ Ye wouldn't believe the shit I've seen! 'Out of Stock'. 'Won't Ship To Ireland'. 'Only One In Stock'?! :wallbash:

Finally, today, started finding the damn things available. Ironically, in Grow Shops! Must be cos they don't depend on the tomato season, to shift them? :naughty:

Anyway; Saw these Vega Super things. Finger's on the trigger. What ye say, lads? Pair of 9L ones, for a pair of Northern Lights Auto's.

@Military Grade pointed out to me that square pots have less choice of anchorage points. But, in a 2x2? I'm sorta guessing the (Perceived) advantages of These pots might outweigh the issue of anything like LST, anyway. I mean; I don't see there Being a shit ton of room for SOG in there, anyway! :(  Be nice. But .....

What ye reckon? :)

Looks like you can just get a normal 11litre square pot and cut a hole in the bottom - cut some holes in a small round pot and shove it in the hole - once filled the compost should hold it in place

Not sure about potting up though - do you just go from small seedling to this big pot?  I rekon you would get more roots just potting up through 2 or 3 pot sizes rather than one pot with this.

• Like 2

I like square pots, normal pots are good, with a good quality cannabis specific compost and there should be no need for any special pots, as the soil should drain nicely and retain the correct moisture levels when watering correctly.

• Like 2

I feel like they keep trying to reinvent the wheel. Good old square plastic pots or if you're spoilt for space round ones are fine. 

I don't know why but I love a big round pot. 

• Like 1

Just now, gm420 said:

I'm confused, what's difficult about buying plant pots? 

Location, mainly. There simply aren't the retailers available to me, locally. (And the few businesses there once were are closing, practically by the week)

Then, incredibly ~ and this is the bit I really can't get my fucking head around! ~ All the places, further afield, with an on line presence? Either 'Out Of Stock' of normal pots. And / or only have a fucking Vast array of twee, decorative, disgustingly priced stuff, in pastel coloured, glazed clay, with iconography clearly mean't to appeal to ones sense of feng shui.

Like I say; I've now burrowed through to our type of 'Grow Shops' ~ of which there are So fucking many, here! :D ~ And all is good. At least, as I'm quite used to and no longer care about paying a tenners delivery charge on a three quid item :yep:

Bit sad about those Vega ones, to be honest. Fancied them and thought they might add an edge. Bum. Probably just send for a couple of 'normal' ones then.

Just hesitating now. Because; 2 x £2.00 pots + £8.00 Delivery? Be a bit fucking rank, to then go and realise the same place has the very ..... what ever the Next thing I realise I need is! Fan, or something.

I mean, I could chuck in a couple of sacks of coir, for that same £8.00 delivery charge, see? Got to play the game, here :)

If you need sacks of coir too then obviously put it on the one order, especially if delivery is £8. Still not sure what's difficult about this? 

Just now, gm420 said:

Still not sure what's difficult about this? 

Is it important, to you?

3 hours ago, Chal said:

Just hesitating now. Because; 2 x £2.00 pots + £8.00 Delivery? Be a bit fucking rank, to then go and realise the same place has the very ..... what ever the Next thing I realise I need is! Fan, or something.

I normally pot up from 500ml to 1 litre and then 3 litre then 7 litre then the final pot, sometimes I skip the 7 litre.

I like potting up as its nice to see the roots. 

Edited by inceywinceyspider
  • Like 1

Pots are pots in my eyes! Go on the big river site loads on there with free delivery. As stated if you feel the need use a Stanley blade to make your extra holes.

• Like 1

Just now, Devon Cream said:

Go on the big river site loads on there with free delivery.

:unsure: I tried running a search on " Big River ". Have a go!

I've genuinely never heard of it. What is it? Could ye PM me a link, please? Free delivery sounds great!

4 hours ago, inceywinceyspider said:

I normally pot up from 500ml to 1 litre and then 3 litre then 7 litre then the final pot, sometimes I skip the 7 litre.

I like potting up as its nice to see the roots. 

That photo's, or auto, Spide? I'm doing auto's. If that matters?

12 minutes ago, Chal said:

That photo's, or auto, Spide? I'm doing auto's. If that matters?

Oh aye photos, if its autos you can use builders buckets and a drill

• Like 1

Big River. Source in the Andes, flows east to the Atlantic. Bezos swims in it.