Diesel Heaters?

Chal

Just now, MidgeSmith said:

I bought a Meaco Eco 12L dehumidifier .....

Here we fucking go, Again!!! :wallbash: I have absolutely ..... Well, I must have earned a fucking diploma of some sort, for deep delving into poxy Dehu's!!! And Still I hear contradictory opinions ~ from people With them! Urghhhh!!!

" Operating temps: 5C - 35C " Say Meaco. They also state its Refrigerant. So, it's a Comp? Fridges run on comps, of course. This cottage it the place fridges come to Die!!!

I don't do 'C'. But, years of bitter experience have finally forced me to realise: 50F or below? Dead fridge!

Disavow me, Midgeist. Then, we can dig some other cunt up, who will Also have had one and will swear, upside down and sideways, theirs didn't work :(

Let's put it this way? I'm So fucked over, digging deep into pretty much every fucking Dehu out there ~ only to find their niggly little, well hidden faults ..... That's why I'm now turning my back on £100's and £100's worth of kit. Over a Year of damn hard slog. Basically chucking in my Dream. And am gonna try something completely different.

Not a chink diesel though!

The Meaco website offers graphs of the units efficiency at different RH levels. I'm not sure if temp is included. The lower temp limit is usually set by the width between the fins on the evaporator (cold bit). This part has to be colder than the air, to get condensate to form. If your air is 5c, this part could be dropping below freezing. At which point, closely placed fins will quickly freeze up. You need the wider spacing of evaporators more suited to walk in freezers. Which are less energy dense. Leading to a physically larger machine. With it's greater use of materials, and higher shipping costs, most people are avoiding this in favour of cheapness. Meaco is a quality brand though. 

I can't wait until they start using EC compressors. They use EC fans in the better models now. The EC compressor will be soon. Giving variable output. Not just on'off cycling. Which is little use, as the Meaco won't restart for about half hour. Compressors should always have a rest time before restarting, but half hour is too long for many installs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chal said:

And Still I hear contradictory opinions

There's many a way to string a cat and what works for one doesn't work for all. This is the sort of thing we're you just need to start doing it and figuring it out along the way. 

15 hours ago, inceywinceyspider said:

Biggest problem is if the electric power supply cuts it stops spinning and shits itself chundering half burnt diesel gases down your air intake and catching fire.

it has being known to bugger the circuit boards on them too with power cut.

a standby battery wired to a battery charger/optimiser is the way to to it so if power out the battery can take over.

ive one outside to warm my home bar.  its very good at its job.

• Like 1