Intense organix using blumats

cypo74

Evening gents, as the title says really, has anybody used intense organix with a blue mat system?

not sure if this is the right section to post this as it’s soil, but it is auto watering lol 

been hand watering in soil for a couple of years and finding with the light cycle on 12/12 and set at pain in the arse hours to keep night temps up, a couple of the girls are fully dry by the time the lights come on, even though they were damp at lights off.

looking to set up some kind of auto water system but still using organic feed, wondering if intense organix would clog up the pipes and res

also, would the mix in the res go off over a few days?

ideally I’d like to stay organic 

open to any ideas 

thanks lads 

Edited by cypo74

You would be better using dry amendments and plain water in your blumats. 

they can clog pretty easily and organic nutrients in an auto feeding system usually ends up in tears. 

I’ve known some people (from another grow forum) that utilise a dry powder synthetic nutrients with BLUMATS but there is very little if any precipitate in the dry chem nutrients he was using. 

• Like 2

Yeah Blumats and organic don't mix. The dripper lines are too small and clog up with particles and biofilm, TBH they're temperamental enough when using them exactly as intended. You could ether use them with salt feeds, or just plain water in living soil (minimum pot size of 25L but ideally twice that for good results using dry ferts). It's not recommended, but you can run organic nutes through a dripper system as long as you clean the lines between runs. I can't remember who it is but someone on here does it, uses bigger nozzles instead of drippers and then runs PH+/- through the lines between runs. You could use one of those Raspberry Pi/Arduino soil watering kits if you wanted it to be fully automated. 

E2A if it makes you feel any better what the plant actually absorbs into its roots is no different if you use organic or salt feeds and neither one is all that much better l/worse for the environment than the other if you use them responsibly.

I'll definitely still be mainly an organic grower (especially outdoors) but that video opened my eyes enough to try salt feeds (osmocote) for my mum's made life much easier. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

Blumats = water only. Always. Try either living soil or the usual organic stuff in the soil. Otherwise, go non organic, like Beanstalk etc. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@cypo74here’s Beanstalk mixed into the coco, so all you need is water. Might be worth considering if you have the blumats lying around. It’s a very easy way to grow although the pellets aren’t cheap, it’s only a few quid per pot for 9 weeks flowering. 🪴😎

large.IMG_2024-01-03-214015.jpeg.96d7e7594e87eab69b8a6244984ee5eb.jpeglarge.IMG_2024-01-03-213957.jpeg.67c57478979595cf11d512cb5de2ac8c.jpeglarge.IMG_3294.jpeg.19da778de0ead47815ebbc29cb9b4246.jpeg

• Like 1

@Slippy One

thanks mate, they look great, super healthy.

ive not got any blue mats just yet, I’m exploring ways to get my soil auto watered, it’s becoming a real pain in the arse reaching the back plants.

Is the beanstalk the one pack one pot stuff or is there a bulk version, just had a Google and can only see the one pot stuff

will probably switch to coco once I finally move house, do you still have to water to run off using beanstalk with coco ??

cheers mate

Edited by cypo74

Ahaaa just found the absolute flower, k boost, v basis and ca fortify 

liking the look of that mate

• Like 1

Water to runoff once per week, otherwise it’s just damp, no runoff. It’s a good idea to plumb in a drain, as blumats need minor adjustments to prevent overwatering. It’s not perfect but once dialled in, is very easy to grow. 

• Like 1

When I ran the blumats with plain water they worked really well but once I put the terra vega in it started to block, I decided that the tank was probably too warm, maybe if I'd kept it cooler it could have been ok. I used citric acid to clean it.

I might try with them again with the beanstalk stuff.

• Like 2

@Slippy One

Quick question mate, do you use all 4 ?, the absolute flower, k boost, v basis and ca fortify 

It is quite pricy, if using all 4
The USA site its 21 quid a pound ....... then 40 quid shipping lol 
Guess getting shafted at 35 quid a pack is the only option 

Looks like ill get 7.5 pots out of the AF
19 out of the KB
19 out of the CAF
6 out of the VB
So thats around 90 quid a grow, my usual feeds come to around 56 quid, suppose the extra 30 quid is worth the not so much fucking around

My tap water is shit and i have to add mono mag to avoid problems, dunno if the CA Fortify would sort that or cause problems by adding equal amounts of Ca and Mg

Yes, the mums get the veg one, and I only add the potassium to the flower as my water is hard. Are you switching from soil or do you already grow in coco? 

1 hour ago, cypo74 said:

My tap water is shit and i have to add mono mag to avoid problems, dunno if the CA Fortify would sort that or cause problems by adding equal amounts of Ca and Mg

Yeah me too, but I'm doing nothing about it now, and they seem happy enough. I do add 1.6ml/L of mono mg for my once per week water-to-runoff so that saves money. 

BTW Are you sure your calculations are good? £90 per grow doesn't seem right... It's fuck all for me, but I'm a 1 pot SCROG grower so your mileage may vary. :yep:

And there's a few distributers here in the UK so don't import any! 

Edited by Slippy One

@Slippy One

Soil at the moment mate, thinking of a swap to coco, dont fancy waterlogging my soil once a week for the runoff :) 

It would be 90 a grow, if i bought all 4 x 1lb bags, using enough for 6 x 11 liter pots......... could be wrong but i think im right

If im only using the Absolute Flower it would be cheap as chips, 35 quid would do 7.5 11 liter pots if using the suggested Max dose of 60gms (20gms/4 litres) per pot

Cheers mate

That what I was going to mention, coco pots need to be around 9L for the soil equivalent of 11L. Hope that makes sense. You ever use SCROG nets? You could possibly get away with less plants in your space too. More savings. Coco is incredibly good at providing everything a big plant needs in a small pot. More experienced coco growers would probably go for 4x 6.5L in your position. Food for thought. 

Also, consider a medusa or danish tray if you're new to Blumats. Might save a few headaches. lol 

Edited by Slippy One