Laying down drying buds.

GreenVision

If they've been drying for 2 weeks then I think you're past any danger of moudling unless there was rot thre in the first place. I doubt it as you would have seen itby now.

Dry trim ftw

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

Out of curiosity do you dry trim all your buds?

I do it dry or wet. It's quicker to sort out wet. It just depends what I'm doing at the time.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

Just now, KC said:

Dry trim ftw

I tried it once, I wasn't sold on it.

Do you get all the fan leaves off first or just hang it up as is?

40 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

Just did a 3 hour manacuring shift, I have a drying rack / net I havent used since maybe 2015-16, only used it once even then. I've hung that up.

Just the ticket. Space the buds out the best you can. Just turn them over every few days so no damp patches are allowed to last. Once they ar dry properly paper bags for a while and the glass jars.

• Like 1

Just now, Lux_Interior said:

Just the ticket. Space the buds out the best you can. Just turn them over every few days so no damp patches are allowed to last. Once they ar dry properly paper bags for a while and the glass jars.

This is my normal route. But I underestimated how harsh it would be drying in the new loft room.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GreenVision said:

just hang it up as is?

Yes I just cut it at the base and hang it up. It takes longer to dry like that which is better. 

In summer I can't use the loft to dry so I have to use the nets. Then they get all their fans taken off and I try to flip them everyday, sometimes I get the flat ones still. 

• Like 2

Mushroom trays are designed to let the contents breathe. They stack like in'out trays on a desk. Keep the RH of the space at 60%, and you can stack them in. If you must, you can drape bin bags over them, to slow water loss. Though a 60% drying area is a lot easier to work in.

Your takeaway should have them for free. They may use half dozen a week, and they take up space in the bin. They want them gone.

Edited by notunum
  • Like 2

On 30/12/2023 at 3:06 AM, notunum said:

Mushroom trays are designed to let the contents breathe. They stack like in'out trays on a desk. Keep the RH of the space at 60%, and you can stack them in. If you must, you can drape bin bags over them, to slow water loss. Though a 60% drying area is a lot easier to work in.

Your takeaway should have them for free. They may use half dozen a week, and they take up space in the bin. They want them gone.

The cardboard type?

• 1 month later...

Is it too soon to put then terp lock bags? (Grove bags). I’ve found them to be the total dogs bollocks!