Some question about coco and dripping system

Norbinyo

39 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

pavement slab

I’ll nip down to jewsons for a ton of concrete for the next grow lol

• Haha 3

On 26/02/2024 at 15:00, RUFUS HOUND said:

What pump did you get mate?

I upgraded today the pump 😊 That is much strongerlarge.20240228_123757.jpg.fecad9bbd338a417c9cbc55911925c76.jpglarge.20240228_123819.jpg.db711e8c23dc8e2b34f4e988457f4ec5.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 28/02/2024 at 12:49, Norbinyo said:

I upgraded today the pump 😊 That is much strongerlarge.20240228_123757.jpg.fecad9bbd338a417c9cbc55911925c76.jpglarge.20240228_123819.jpg.db711e8c23dc8e2b34f4e988457f4ec5.jpg

Is it noisy?. I have also an Hailea 2,000l other model than yours...very noisy...I thought to change to jet stream silent...

With Hailea I have problems regulating the flow with the pump regulator....and I have to go 2,000 to fertigate in 2min.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

Is it noisy?. I have also an Hailea 2,000l other model than yours...very noisy...I thought to change to jet stream silent...

With Hailea I have problems regulating the flow with the pump regulator....and I have to go 2,000 to fertigate in 2min.

What can i say,it not so noisy got some but not worst i think.My problem with it for me that  is not strong enough for my system.For my next run i'll do some upgrade.I will keep the tank making a hole on the botto, tube gonna be go in so it need less minimum water quantity and that tube will join to outside for the water pump what is gonna be bigger.The thing is when i make it 4 way  from 2 i thought gonna be strong enough becuse it pushing out 3 time more water like the original what is get for the tank.

10 hours ago, Norbinyo said:

What can i say,it not so noisy got some but not worst i think.My problem with it for me that  is not strong enough for my system.For my next run i'll do some upgrade.I will keep the tank making a hole on the botto, tube gonna be go in so it need less minimum water quantity and that tube will join to outside for the water pump what is gonna be bigger.The thing is when i make it 4 way  from 2 i thought gonna be strong enough becuse it pushing out 3 time more water like the original what is get for the tank.

How big is the pump rate? And for how many plants/ drippers?

I have doubts as well about pump. Here my thought, hopefully can help.

I have topspin 12 drippers. The kit should come with 800-1,000l/h. 2topspin (=24 drippers) for 2,000 and after 3,500l/h. I bought only the manifold and choose a 2,000.

Drippers ( topspin at least) should release 2l/h for dripper. 24liter of water for 60min.

I fertigate with 2-3 feeding of 2min each which is approximately 0.8-1.2l of water for 26.5l of medium. This is theoretical based on topspin specifications.

Assuming my fertigation are requiring 5% of medium volum "only" because I am using multy fertigations with Coco saturate 80-90% all the time I should need 1,3l.

Numbers seems close....but not sure if they are correct.

I thought the flow rate could be adjusted as at maximum rate drain me quite quick the tank, but the adjustment is not working very well with my Hailea. When the pumps starts it is spitting water from the drippers for few second, and after start dripping well.

If wasn't so noisy ( I can hear it form outside) I will go with little pump and more time....if the drippers release too much water to me the final distribution of the water is not correct as the water start asap to run off and not wetting uniform the medium.

Edited by Amnesialocal