Greetings and Merry Xmas

AJA

Welcome aboard. 

I gotta ask....What's the story on the username.   I can't help but wonder if the username is a Steely Dan reference. 

• Like 2

Just now, AJA said:

BIG Steely Dan fan

I’m not we’ll versed enough to say I’m a big fan (although I do LOVE a lot of it) but I’m enough of a musician to have a serious respect and admiration for how Fagen and Becker approached things. I’d say, to this day, any SD record you pick has the most competent cast of musicians you’ll find. Unless you maybe look at another SD record to compare. 

When you bring in Bernard Purdie and/or Steve Gadd and say “fuck it, just play on the whole record” it’s gonna be good. It can’t not be good. 

Pretty Purdie is my absolute favorite. Dude has the tightest pocket in the world. 

• Like 2

You pretty much put it in a nutshell.

Gadd and Purdie are supreme, but as you say, their list of musos is outrageous. Dean Parks - that wonderful lead on Haiitian Divorce,  Larry Carlton.. the list goes on.

I have every CD from Cant Buy a Thrill  to Gaucho.  What a stoners album Gaucho is  :)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AJA said:

musos is outrageous.

Indeed!  I still say that Elliott Randall’s Reelin’ in The Years solo is maybe the best, overall, guitar solo ever put on tape. 

some dude named Jimmy Page agrees with that statement, as I understand it. Pretty high praise 

• Like 1