Any tips for pressing buds lads?

cypo74

The advice I’d give is;

Heat your plates for at least half an hour before pressing, yours looks like it has only one plate, so make sure it is closed but not tight.

It’s not all about pressure or heat, but a combination of both. 
Don’t use press bags straight off, do some test squeezes with small bits of bud at differing pressures and temperatures. The hotter your plates, the better the yield, but you sacrifice quality and vice versa. 
If you want golden syrup-like rosin, press hash or kief. I make some small hash nugs with a hand press and press them in the rosin press between parchment, no bags. If your temps and pressure are good you should be left with a bullet of spent material in the middle of some lovely golden sticky rosin. If your end result is a bit dark, try turning down the temp, press a bit longer.

When you’re happy with your test samples, if you have enough product…..fill them bags. Get some magnets for holding the parchment back too. Wear gloves, it’s stickier than baby shit lol

I’ve just washed some fresh frozen trim and have a 3g nug all out of the 73u bag to press it smells divine but there’s a good chance I may smoke it over the holidays :D
The returns can seem a bit small, but it’s just the percentage of your weed that gets you baked, without all the green matter.

I use a 10t Graveda.

Merry Christmas :smokin:

• Like 1