Stepping off the treadmill

Crow River

2 hours ago, Revive said:

Fuk me that's pretty expensive when you put it like that dude :wallbash:

Maybe you will consider having a little play in the mud with us outdoor boys next season?

How much POCA did you have to pay back badbillybob if you don't mind me asking?

That's a fuker having to deal with that on top of everything else the courts punish you with.

Be lucky man :yinyang:

POCA bill was just shy of 20 grand. They started at 280,000!!!  full story is somewhere in the legal section, but it was a living nightmare, and showed me how corrupt the system is.

i tried for years to grow outdoor weed up here but never did very well, it was a massive waste of time to be honest, mould always got em before they were finished.

ive probably enough stashed  for a couple of years to be hones so its all good.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 5

Growing for fun left me a few years ago.  More of a necessity than a hobby especially when you are hand-watering every day like I was for years.  Now I’m on a Blumat irrigation system I pop up to the loft for 3 minutes a day (and it probably shows in my scraggy grow lol).  My rhythm these days is to set up, do a couple of back-to-back seed grows then pack up everything so you’d never know a grow room ever existed.  Enjoy the break @Crow River.

• Like 5

If you got enough to last and you're not really enjoying it then why would you carry on? That wouldn't make any sense. It's a pita, it costs money and although I try not to think about it, it does carry a penalty of some sort if you're caught, what ever that may be. Enjoy your time off, if you do actually do it. I've said it before but then it comes down to it and you always have something come up.

Oh i better do those seeds as they're getting on, then I'll stop.. Then it's, hmmm that breeder was ok, I'll check out something else by them. Then I'll pack up

....you get the picture lol

I did manage to stop before, didn't last long, was smoking at the time and you know how you get through that. So wasteful!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KC said:

Enjoy your time off, if you do actually do it. I've said it before but then it comes down to it and you always have something come up.

Oh i better do those seeds as they're getting on, then I'll stop.. Then it's, hmmm that breeder was ok, I'll check out something else by them. Then I'll pack up

....you get the picture lol

Ha! Yeah, famous last words, eh?

It's possible I won't have the will power, but then again I've started off on the right track. Haven't bought any seeds this month. If I can keep that up, then taking a breather from growing is next. One step at a time and all that...

• Like 2

Like for most on here, for me it's the actual growing, trying different strains, to see what works and what doesn't. 

I had such plans laid out for the coming season, growing autos, photos, regs for breeding my own seeds, ect ect.

I went a bit crazy on the black Friday, bought a few different strains, when add to the one I had already, I've enough to last me years.

After reading this topic, I've come to the conclusion, for me anyway, less is more.

Less stress, worry, cost, effort and work.

Also, I don't end up with a load of end product that I'll never use. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grooving said:

Growing for fun left me a few years ago.  More of a necessity than a hobby especially when you are hand-watering every day like I was for years.  Now I’m on a Blumat irrigation system I pop up to the loft for 3 minutes a day (and it probably shows in my scraggy grow lol).  My rhythm these days is to set up, do a couple of back-to-back seed grows then pack up everything so you’d never know a grow room ever existed.  Enjoy the break @Crow River.

Cheers, yeah I got fed up hand watering early on, had some decent results with Classic Blumats and just feeding by hand. Outdoor growing is easier in that respect, as watering not often needed where I am. Seems you have quite a focused approach. I never really settled into a rhythm properly, always want to try new things. But I've got enough to last a good while now, probably sensible to pack it in for a bit...

• Like 3

@badbillybob that sounds like an utter nightmare. I hope at least you never did any time? Anyway, pretty sobering stuff. Don't blame you for just sitting on the stash for a while, pretty sure I'd do the same in the circumstances.

• Like 2

Fair points put across mate, been in your position before with 2 years supply but always end up with at least 1 in the back garden just to try out a new strain or 2!

vaping is certainly the way to go for economy, I always thought with spliffs a lot gets wasted while you’re not toking it.

best wishes 

• Like 2