Hello folks!

Ashy

Morning everyone!

Been knocking around here for a month or so now, doing my own research as they say, but I got a cracking price on a DS60 which means I'm committed now, so thought I'd better sign up! :D

• Like 7

The one that took up a LOT of my time was "How many plants in what size pots in what size tent?". That's a hole you could lose yourself in for MONTHS! :D

Edited by Ashy
  • Like 4

Welcome bud, word of advice...get your environment right first...:yep:

Once that's dialled in everything else is pretty simple...

BTW how many plants/pots also depends on strain/s being grown...just to add to the confusion...:rofl:

Good Luck

:oldtoker:

• Like 6

Oh yeah, there's nothing simple about this, is there? I suppose if it was easy everybody would be doing it lol

Next on my list is a light, then the CF & fan... then I'll see how skint I am and take it from there!

• Like 1

Just now, Military Grade said:

Hi welcome to the UK420 community :bong:

Ah, I think it was one of your grow diaries that finally convinced me a DS60 would be fine for me, as it happens! 

• Like 2

Two plants vegged for 4 weeks can fill out a scrog net in a 60x60 quite nicely. These were about 5 to 7.5L pots.

large.20230607_000126.jpglarge.20230606_235246.jpg

You could do 4 plants and cut a bit more time off the vegging time, but it can make things a bit more complicated, like trying to Water the plants at the back, juggling 4 different feeding requirements, defoliation and so on.

Sometimes it's best to keep it simple for the first few runs.

My current grow is just a single plant in the 60x60, I thought I'd give the Pineapple Express #2 and full tent to herself, this also allowed me to veg her for longer to take decent cuts.

large.20231217_042930.jpglarge.20231217_043055.jpg

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 6

That's the exact grow I was thinking of. Perfect for my needs and a really useful reference for a total noob!

May or may not have just ordered an XS1500 Pro, too... Was looking at the P1000, but just thought I might as well do it properly from the start even if it takes me a bit longer to get it all set up

• Like 3

Well you have the best led for the tent anyway ( XS1500 Pro ). :) 

I have a 60x60 and am using a 250w HPS, I have grown from one to four plants in there and am currently growing two, I had to top and train them to fit but scrogging is best for this size tent. @Military Grade's grow shows you how it can be done.

• Like 2

Yeah, I figured I'm going to have to scrog, but the Rev 4 DS60 comes with a net, so I'm good to go there. Still not entirely up to speed with topping, that seems like a dark art(!), but I think I've got my head around training. Looking forward to my journey :)

• Like 2