USA only strains

Strawberry Fields

I have a family member working in the states at the moment. They have offered to bring me a pack of seeds back. I don't really know of anything to suggest.

Has anyone any suggestions of something nice that i could ask for that's not available over here?

I was thinking something related to Chemdog or OG kush, as thats something i was going to look at for for my next grow, but am open to anything with good reputation that finishes in 9-10 weeks and doesnt get too tall.

Edited by Strawberry Fields

There is very little that is USA only in this world wide economy we live in.

I would be going all out on anything by solfire if my last run is anything to go by.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

There is very little that is USA only in this world wide economy we live in.

I would be going all out on anything by solfire if my last run is anything to go by.

In the past few years when listening to the potcast or browsing US based forums ive googled breeders a few times and found they didnt have UK distribution. Just a shame ive not remember any specifics.

I guess they will all send over if you go direct but ive never fancied dealing with the postage costs and customs for seeds.

Will have a look at solfire. Thanks.

11 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Cannarado have stopped sending to the UK.

It might be worth checking out what they’ve got available :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

Cheers dude. will have a look.

• Like 1

Kid Kaya is one that's caught my eye, definitely in it for the love, he's done some colabs with A.W.K.I.D .

Mean Gene (freeborn selections) is another OG who does good work and gets the nod from all the right people. He's done massive pheno hunts, literally thousands of seed at a time, not just crossing 2 hype cuts and sending them out the door. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

Mene Gene/freeborn are available in the UK. Only a few strains but it’s better than nowt. Hundred quid a pack though 

As are Solfire …

Edited by mikeydoughnut
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Strawberry Fields said:

I don't really know of anything to suggest.

Ideally you want them to smuggle some clone-onlys but that's probably not what they have in mind lol

• Like 6

The selection on Neptune will be your best bet - but if we are talking breeders - compound genetics gear is the bomb, but super hard to get their main line beans here in UK other than their mid price collab’s with paradise seeds. 

Archive Seeds also. He’s highly regarded in the breeding game in US, kind of like Karma is to Europe, but bigger! 

Edited by openthebox
  • Like 1

Cheers all :yep:

Ive been looking through them and re-listening to some old potcast eps this last few days. Found a fair few id like to run but some of them are so expensive i cant ask for them and im skint at the moment so cant offer to pay for some myself.

Im probably going to ask for something like Gas Tax from archive, it sounds nice and is cheap.

@latigid aikon They did actually bring up the idea of clone onlys and mentioned that 3 day postage is available so they could send something over, but the prices are pretty crazy and for my two grows per year it just wouldn't be worth the cost and risk (and as ive mentioned i dont have the funds atm anyway). I wish we had a legal market to get stuff like that id love a go at an original Chemdog or OG kush.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Strawberry Fields said:

I wish we had a legal market to get stuff like that

The closest we have is Austria, the legal clone market there is huge, you can literally walk into high street shops and buy elite clones, I'm surprised it isn't spoken about more really.

• Like 3

It's a crazy law isn't it, legal to grow as long as you don't flower them or something like that. I'm hoping to move to France soon, once I'm set up out there I'm sure I'll be taking a drive that way, just for the novelty value if nothing else. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

legal to grow as long as you don't flower them or something like that.

Yes, in veg they are legal!

I think technically you can even flower them as long as you don't intend to consume them and can somehow prove that. This leads to the clone shops having display plants in full bloom in locked glass cabinets that are cut down and destroyed in the presence of a local government official or something along those lines.

Besides allowing clones but prohibiting the intent to consume, the country’s Narcotic Substances Act also defines when allowing your plants to flower is allowed. If the buds aren’t destined for consumption, cannabinoid extraction, or sale, the blooming plants are — at least theoretically — still legal by the letter of the law. That interpretation of the rules allows the Hemp Embassy to showcase lovely flowering cannabis plants sealed behind glass.

“It is not forbidden to possess or exhibit hemp flowers,” Wolyniec said of the Hemp Embassy's permanent exhibition. “It's about the purpose behind it. If the purpose is abuse, then both the growing and the flowering plant are prohibited. If the purpose is not abuse, but another — in our case an exhibition — cannabis buds are legal.”

But all good things must come to an end. Once the plants on exhibition lose their luster, they’re destroyed in an incinerator under a notary’s watchful eye.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, latigid aikon said:

The closest we have is Austria, the legal clone market there is huge, you can literally walk into high street shops and buy elite clones, I'm surprised it isn't spoken about more really.

I wasnt aware of that. I just had a look at some of their websites, much cheaper than the USA prices ive seen, and they will ship to the Netherlands. My wife's family live in the Netherlands. I have a feeling next year a plan may come together.  :yep:

• Like 2

Just now, Strawberry Fields said:

much cheaper than the USA prices ive seen

That's crazy, if anything it's more legal in the US than Austria.

Some good shouts for ya to look at @Strawberry Fields, just as an extra as I've seen you mention the chems, kushs and cheap, check out tony greens tortured beans, he has all sorts of funk at great prices and a few well worked lines like his bubble lines. Ak bean brains + csi are others I'd look at off the top of my head too. 

:yinyang:

• Like 2