A good, solid, stable indica strain, with strong smell?

David Attenborough

28 minutes ago, stu914 said:

You underestimate quite how badly I fucked these up mate, they were taken more than two weeks early after developing

overfed symptoms around the 4th week 12/12. My EC truncheon was reading 1.4 when in fact it should have read

almost 3.0 and I only discovered mid-way during my current grow when these 11 roses started to go shit -shaped.

Both the Glookie and 11 roses are top class indicas imo,

Another perfect argument for Beanstalk products! :yep: 

• Like 2

Just now, Slippy One said:

If I was growing in soil they'd be top of my list...:yep:

• Like 1

Just now, MidgeSmith said:

I like the idea of creating a rock-solid stable cultivar.

So do a lot of folk.

I like the idea of if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Good luck with your endeavours. 

Just now, Zipster said:

So do a lot of folk.

I like the idea of if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Good luck with your endeavours. 

Sounds like you are less interested in creating new strains than growing. That's fine, but exploring is fun too. It's not trying to fix anything, it's dancing in the stream of possibility.

Edited by MidgeSmith

I don't want to derail, but I've hear you saying this before I think. The only thing that stops me is that I've moved south for a bit and where I am living now, they have 2 water supplies.  One for most of the year, but at random points, they switch supplies.  The one is super, super soft, the other is quite a lot harder. They don't tell you when they are switching over. I presume I'd have to send in two samples, have two sets of nutrients and keep checking to detect which supply was being used to make sure I mixed up the right nutes.  Is that sounding about right?

15 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

I think it is viewed as a positive thing. 

Yep, and jumped on by the marketeers.

Human's interest in new stuff is exploited to the full, in every market.

18 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

I believe Skunk #1 in particular is so popular because it can birth so many great varieties.

That, and the fact that it was the best thing since sliced bread when it first came out...

19 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

I like the idea of creating a rock-solid stable cultivar.

Yeah, a lot of folk would agree with that.

Remember that it's a market, hugely opened up since some of the US states and Canada deregulated/decriminalised it's propagation and sale.

Well sure, but we're talking about doing it ourselves for fun.  Everything is marketed and commodified, but if you make your own interesting strains and keep your own stock, you're pretty much immune from the capitalist cannabis machine.  I've enough seeds already to die stoned in my late 80s, but I am keen to try different classics & combinations.  For example at the moment I am growing Afghani & Ketama because I want to and I am crossing them, because - though that combo has been done - I am interested in how it turns out.

I am growing Cindy99 too, because I love the taste and I figure whacking some Afghan pollen through her might make some interesting genes too.

I get where you are coming from, but having a lot of fun :)

I get where you are coming from

Thank you.

but having a lot of fun :)

I wish you the best of luck.

Fun, and a decent smoke, can't argue with that. :yep:

1 hour ago, MidgeSmith said:

I don't want to derail, but I've hear you saying this before I think. The only thing that stops me is that I've moved south for a bit and where I am living now, they have 2 water supplies.  One for most of the year, but at random points, they switch supplies.  The one is super, super soft, the other is quite a lot harder. They don't tell you when they are switching over. I presume I'd have to send in two samples, have two sets of nutrients and keep checking to detect which supply was being used to make sure I mixed up the right nutes.  Is that sounding about right?

The beauty of Beanstalk is that water hardness/softness makes no difference. Don't even need to ph, let alone check the EC. :yep:

• Like 1

The beauty of Beanstalk is that water hardness/softness makes no difference. Don't even need to ph, let alone check the EC. :yep:

Oh Wow, I thought that you had to send a water sample to them and they balanced a personalised set of nutrients to suit your water. The hard-water supply will be quite a different balance to the soft-water one I'd imagine.  I will need them to send an analysis to me to be certain though.

25 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

I thought that you had to send a water sample to them and they balanced a personalised set of nutrients to suit your water.

Am I detecting irony ?

29 minutes ago, Zipster said:

Am I detecting irony ?

No, I didn't mean it sarcastically. I don't know enough to be sarcastic towards most of the folk here and wouldn't be sarcastic to them when they are taking their time to answer me.

I am just checking I have the right process and product as I have never had a good memory.  Also, I am surprised if I have remembered correctly as I'd have thought that - if the water balances were very different between the two water sources - the company would need to test both samples.

I only mentioned the hardness being different, so it is entirely possible, that I implied they were similar apart from the calcium / mineral content. I don't know how buffering works, so it could be that the hardness is irrelevant due to some property of the Beanstalk brew - as far as I know.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zipster said:

Apologies, hadn't realised what an unstable MF Skunk #1 was...kind of assumed that such a bastion of breeding and genetics might've been a solid breeding source ?

Ooh, mad thought...mebbe, just mebbe, wanna be growers fucked about with it a wee bit too much ?

Surely, its variation of notable phenotypes makes it a good breeding base?

• Like 1