A good, solid, stable indica strain, with strong smell?

David Attenborough

Is there such a thing? My last grow went a bit tits up, most of it went to make bubble hash, After I started growing it I took some 'just in case' cuts which started to flower under 18/6 (fast strain).

So I might try again, but I need a good solid reliable strain. Something with decent yeild and smell.

I am looking at sensi seeds Skunk No 1 , sensi skunk,  big bud and Black domina, any others I should consider?

• Like 2

I’ve just finished a grow of Sensi Black Domina, it’s just like it used to be, bloody strong but not a massive yield 

• Like 3

Big Bud is meant to be pants on it's own but great when crossed with something else.

I have a bean but never considered planting it due to this consistent feedback I read about it.

• Like 2

Yeah I ran a pack of big bud a lot of years back and was as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike, avoid would be my advice. I would avoid sensi altogether if im honest they've gone to shit in my opinion over the last lot of years, the last decent plant i had from sensi was a jack flash but its some time ago now.

I'm personally more of a sativa guy myself so don't run an awful lot of indica plants but I'd have a look in the subbies, cheapest option by far with no bullshit pictures and a fairytale story to accompany them.

Good luck on your search :smokin:

• Like 1

Have a look at Bomb Seeds, lots of high yielding indicas...I've currently got Glookie Bomb vegging,

2nd grow with these as the first had little potency due to being overfed... yield was huge though.

large.SSCN2391.JPGlarge.SSCN2400.JPG

• Like 3

Afghani #1. I would also advise to stay away from strains that have popular 'auto' versions, as I think there's been too much tinkering with genetics to ever be considered stable. I'm possibly wrong but that's growing. :yep:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, David Attenborough said:

Is there such a thing? My last grow went a bit tits up, most of it went to make bubble hash, After I started growing it I took some 'just in case' cuts which started to flower under 18/6 (fast strain).

So I might try again, but I need a good solid reliable strain. Something with decent yeild and smell.

I am looking at sensi seeds Skunk No 1 , sensi skunk,  big bud and Black domina, any others I should consider?

Skunk #1 is very varied, I probably wouldn't go for that.

Just now, stu914 said:

2nd grow with these as the first had little potency due to being overfed... yield was huge though.

Potency has always been genetic in my experience. I'd rather have an ounce of great bud than a pound of boof. 

I think a lot of people are breeding for bag appeal, not potency. If it looks good on Insta, it must be amazing. Not. 

• Like 3

Along as its in a shiny tin with a funky sticker that's all you need to worry about, if not it's no good lollollol Even better if there is a few zzz's in the name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Shadow said:

I’ve just finished a grow of Sensi Black Domina, it’s just like it used to be, bloody strong but not a massive yield 

When you say not massive do you mean average? or less? The blurb did say it was subject to a lot of variation and the one to look for was a variation with very dark, almost black leaves.

46 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

Skunk #1 is very varied, I probably wouldn't go for that.

"Skunk #1 is very varied"...lol...what does that make Skunk #2, #3, or even #4 ?

Why do folk fuck about with stuff that ain't broke ? Oh yeah...marketing, sales, and the next "new" thang.

49 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Potency has always been genetic in my experience. I'd rather have an ounce of great bud than a pound of boof.

You underestimate quite how badly I fucked these up mate, they were taken more than two weeks early after developing

overfed symptoms around the 4th week 12/12. My EC truncheon was reading 1.4 when in fact it should have read

almost 3.0 and I only discovered mid-way during my current grow when these 11 roses started to go shit -shaped.

Both the Glookie and 11 roses are top class indicas imo,

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zipster said:

"Skunk #1 is very varied"...lol...what does that make Skunk #2, #3, or even #4 ?

Why do folk fuck about with stuff that ain't broke ? Oh yeah...marketing, sales, and the next "new" thang.

I don't know about Skunk #2, #3 or #4.  What I do know is that unlike some strains which have fewer phenotypes, Skunk #1 can throw out any number of greatest hits, from the pure pine pheno I got, to the Cheddar #1 pheno I grew subsequently and beyond. It's pretty famous for having so many possible phenos.

Just now, MidgeSmith said:

I don't know about Skunk #2, #3 or #4.  What I do know is that unlike some strains which have fewer phenotypes, Skunk #1 can throw out any number of greatest hits, from the pure pine pheno I got, to the Cheddar #1 pheno I grew subsequently and beyond. It's pretty famous for having so many possible phenos.

Apologies, hadn't realised what an unstable MF Skunk #1 was...kind of assumed that such a bastion of breeding and genetics might've been a solid breeding source ?

Ooh, mad thought...mebbe, just mebbe, wanna be growers fucked about with it a wee bit too much ?

Edited by Zipster

I dunno really.  I think it is viewed as a positive thing.  I naively grew it without much research, hoping it would be as reliable as can be and a definitive skunk.  Lol, it ain't so.

I believe Skunk #1 in particular is so popular because it can birth so many great varieties. For my uses, another skunk or even super skunk would have been what I was after.  I like the idea of creating a rock-solid stable cultivar.