Cheese, Blues, Livers

Amnesialocal

Apologies for those who have heard this topic over and over. 

Personally (as historian) i guess there is still plenty to talk about :) or at least no yet enough data.

Let's me allow few thoughts.

1- I thoughts blues were cut"s" from Sheffield ( more than one) BUT created as a cross (blueberry X something). I thought there were several cuts of blues (in  shieffield, Liverpool, Manchester....)

After. A guy called liver, maybe because from Liverpool maybe because with liver problems, (whatever) spot a distinctive cut of blues...more fruity, more tasty, more...commercial? ( I don't know) and the cut was called "liver" and spread as exodus Cheese did ( both as cut only).

That's why blues and livers are considered sisters. Because they are "phenos" of the same family but different.

2- About blues seeds as mentioned ugorg  produced seeds "blues" but out of stock since long time. 

There is a cross between blues and the smelly belly ( or something similar) by oldtimer1....I guess is called killer skunk or similar and seems very interesting.

Also I understood someone doesn't want to talk about ugorg ( I don't know why?)

3- Do you remember in Matrix, when the character "mouse" was questioning how the machine knew what Chicken taste. And what if they did wrong and chicken actually taste turkey.

It happen to me the same.

How could I say I am smoking blues if I never tried before. What's the point for someone who never tried before to get crazy to find the closest original one?

I perfectly understand those who want to remember or although sick at that time now is considering to try it again ( well done!!).

My justification is history and the intent to keep a piece of UK history back. Genetic revival or genetic preservation.

4- I thought exodus and Buddah although cheese were two separated type of cheese ( the original and the one cross with Afghan in seed form).

Where is the original exodus cut? I can't believe it doesn't exist anymore. I am sure some of the exodus team is still around and something could be clarified. And in case it won't be available anymore ... Can everyone see how important is archiving genetics? Where is the librarian? Plant tissue culture? Genetic soveranity? ( Sorry I am going off topic).

5- Do you know when indoor growing started to spread in the UK?

Do you know when the cut exodus was identified and spread?

Because in the '80 the cut was identified ( 1985 let say) and spread after in the '90.

Although exodus Collective officially appear in the 1995.

The first indoor hydroponic cultivation is dated in the early 1980 and although HPS were invented in the 1969 I guess the combination of new indoor technique and "indoor lights" start as innovative technique in the end of '80 and begining of '90.

As we know nowaday ( accessible and affordable for everyone) we need to arrive to the '00.

How a collective was able to keep a cut alive for a decade? 

Definitely the exodus cut has been spot before even that the collective was created ( almost 5-10 years before).

I can understand that with a couple of T5 ( Plenty at that time) you could keep a Mather in vegetative stage....no need for real indoor growing. After everything was outdoor cultivation.

Super off topic ( i will open a new thread)

But UK in the '80-'90 was not dominated by Pakistani hashish ( the one imported by Howard Marks?) 

22 minutes ago, Amnesialocal said:

more...commercial?

hmmm

24 minutes ago, Amnesialocal said:

Where is the original exodus cut? I can't believe it doesn't exist anymore.

are you that desperate for a cut? lol

19 minutes ago, ratdog said:

hmmm

are you that desperate for a cut? lol

For "commercial" ( this is a long interesting discussion to have) I was refering to the fact that the cut become relatively popular ( I guess specific areas actually) and spread without any kind of grower.

But I should also highlight that unfortunately ( at least for me, but the statistics are clear) all cannabis culture is a commercial matter.

Regarding the cut, I have honestly to say that I am not :). I don't deserve it yet.

But I consider it is a must for better understand a piece of the UK culture. 

There is plenty of history and events surrounding that strain/s that makes it legendary. How many songs, speeches poems,painting have been produced under it? How many historic events are linked with it? How many memories those who tried can count associated with it? 

A chat with someone from that time/ culture and a jump back in time with the right strain....this would be the top :)

I always lol how exodus never really came to the jay day marches in Brixton in the 90’s , they came to volcano festival Hackney  and was def out of their ellement lol 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

My justification is history and the intent to keep a piece of UK history back. Genetic revival or genetic preservation.

Glad you made your intentions clear.  :bangin:

• Like 2

Mate..type cheese into the search engine or Google it with uk420 after.

This subject has been hashed out 1000's of times!!

You've had members of the exodus crew posting on the threads and fellas even on this thread were in the scene at the time.

Your posting to a generally highly educated crowd here who know all this shit inside out and back to front.

Go do some reading.