Cheese, Blues, Livers

Amnesialocal

Hi all,

I would like some help understanding the differences between:

Cheese and Blues

Is cheese a skunk#1 pheno from exodus Collective Luton and blues a skunk from Sheffield....is liver related or only the artisanal version of mephisto?

Or cheese and blues are two completely different plants?

Any piece of history about blues to share?news,facts, events?

Thanks

A

• Like 1

Probably find the answers quicker using the search function, you can also type the questions/topics into Google and put uk420 at the end to get quicker search results than using the sites built in one.

These 3 strains have been discussed to death on here already lol

I don't believe I've ever had Blues or Livers, but I have had Cheese, basically that's all there was at one point round my way to the point you'd get sick of it, but absence makes the heart grow fonder making me always trying to seek out something close to it. The thing that came the closest I've grown was a Cheese leaning pheno of Chelato.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Probably find the answers quicker using the search function, you can also type the questions/topics into Google and put uk420 at the end to get quicker search results than using the sites built in one.

These 3 strains have been discussed to death on here already lol

I don't believe I've ever had Blues or Livers, but I have had Cheese, basically that's all there was at one point round my way to the point you'd get sick of it, but absence makes the heart grow fonder making me always trying to seek out something close to it. The thing that came the closest I've grown was a Cheese leaning pheno of Chelato.

Thanks Military and apologies,

I was a bit lazy...I will investigate through the webpage.

• Like 2

Anyone heard about Dr. Cheese by Dr.Rey? ( Fem.)

I couldn't find anything online. I received as a freebie. 

I have also livers bx1 which is Shieffield blue X Purple Indica Auto by Mephisto.

1 hour ago, Amnesialocal said:

I have also livers bx1 which is Shieffield blue X Purple Indica Auto by Mephisto.

It appears to be an 8 weeker and the breeder is Dutch.

12 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

I've got a fair few dr ray dr widow,and some dr lemon.

Never ran em but I've seen some secent grows of his stuff online over the years.

There's only one way to find out for sure!!

Get em planted!!

On 27/11/2023 at 8:21 PM, kc stoner said:

@Amnesialocal 

Ive just finished blue cheese by royal queen seeds it tastes similar to blues.  Almost the same as some blues f2s I made 

cheese is funky 

Blues is fruity 

Used to always get a lovely bit of blue cheese every christmas. Literally every year a mates older brother would have untold boxes of it. Best blue cheese I’ve come across. Being honest it used to ensure a good xmas when younger n having to buy presents lol . Would love to get my hands on some good blue cheese just for a trip down memory lane. I think barneys and big Buddha it’s a bit of a pheno hunt ain’t it? I remember a breeder though eskobar? Never tried his stuff but used to see good things said about his strains. Sure he has a blue cheese but not seen him mentioned in years.

• Like 1

Blue cheese (the original one) is not Blues x cheese it is Blueberry x cheese.

Blues and livers are the same plant different names.

Cheese is cheese and there is only one.

It’s all been discussed, debated and dissected a millions times here and other places. 

Personally I really like the psychosis lol 

:yinyang:

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, lildaveham said:

Blue cheese (the original one) is not Blues x cheese it is Blueberry x cheese.

Blues and livers are the same plant different names.

Cheese is cheese and there is only one.

It’s all been discussed, debated and dissected a millions times here and other places. 

Personally I really like the psychosis lol 

:yinyang:

Exodus Cheese and livers are both cut, and that's why there is only one. But in seed form for cheese Buddah created one, some exodus team probably something else.

For blues ogorg did, but out of stock since long time.

Outside cut I guess all strains in seed form are variations of the original, not the original.

Still not sure why people buy cheese seeds to find the cheese pheno, instead of buying skunk #1 to spot the same pheno. Option 2 doesn't make more sense?

2 hours ago, stummer said:

Used to always get a lovely bit of blue cheese every christmas. Literally every year a mates older brother would have untold boxes of it. Best blue cheese I’ve come across. Being honest it used to ensure a good xmas when younger n having to buy presents lol . Would love to get my hands on some good blue cheese just for a trip down memory lane. I think barneys and big Buddha it’s a bit of a pheno hunt ain’t it? I remember a breeder though eskobar? Never tried his stuff but used to see good things said about his strains. Sure he has a blue cheese but not seen him mentioned in years.

I hated blue cheese. Just something about it that didn't work for me. It was all that was around for ages at one time i got so sick of it.

1 hour ago, Amnesialocal said:

Outside cut I guess all strains in seed form are variations of the original, not the original.

Still not sure why people buy cheese seeds to find the cheese pheno, instead of buying skunk #1 to spot the same pheno. Option 2 doesn't make more sense?

I think most people who have had "cheese" will have had something from Big Buddha rather than the original which is something like a unicorn. It was everywhere when he released it.

The real deal Skunk#1 that the exodus cut came from hasn't been available for decades now. Plenty of people have looked for it in Skunk #1 seeds but the reality is that anything available now under that name is a pale imitation of the original.

Edited by Strawberry Fields

2 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

Probably because the Sensi Seeds Skunk #1 is not the same Genetics it used to be, I found some very cheesy plants in seed form, the Cheese leaning pheno of Chelato being the closest i've grown to the original clone of Cheese i was smoking in the late 90's early 00's.

• Like 1

Have grown the UK Exodus cheese, there's nothing else like it. I let is slip from under me years ago, and have been on a recent seed buying etc trying to find one close to the origianl. 4kali's Chelato is a good bet if you want to get close. I have several other Cheese crosses in my armoury to try in the New Year.

I am also going to give Blues another go and a Psychosis :)

Edited by The Villan
  • Like 4

@stummer. No not like the old blue cheese cut sadly or the ones I grew weren't. More like blues the ugorg one not the livers one. 

Though the blurb does say blueberry x cheese 

@lildaveham I thought ugorg blues was killer skunk x blues and livers was blues 

Edited by kc stoner
Just noticed killerskunk is back on the ugorg menu