Rosin press

mikeydoughnut

So here are my first try results

I tried with the Godfather strain I got free with the subbies.

Pressed for 130 seconds at 95c

large.20231117_033923.jpg

To my surprise it started oozing out the sides lol

large.20231117_010005.jpg

I put them in the freezer for an hour then collected it up, only squashed 4 small buds and gave the 4 pucks another press simultaneously at the end.

large.20231117_034210.jpg

Still not sure if keeping it on the parchment paper after collecting is more practical or the silicone pots I got, only time will tell.

I aired on the side of caution when I trying some, hind side I could of handled a little bit more, but that little bit still got me nice.

large.20231117_033448.jpg

All in all it has exceeded my expectations

I did also press a bud of Chardonnay at the same 95c for 130 seconds but it has come out too runny, I'm guessing that strain might need a lower temp?

Anyone got any tips on how to make the runny rosin thinken up a bit so I can collect it up?

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 5

Just leave it on the side it soon gets sticky to collect and get it in the little tubs as soon as possible it’s much easier to handle when it’s in them

• Like 2

Sometimes I'll collect on a cold plate (or even a tub from the freezer) and sometimes I'll use a warm plate as a surface to work on, depending on the consistency.

@Military Grade I saw your rosin “spill” on the plates . Maybe use an outer layer of foil lined parchment as the “spill” bleed will be on there and not the plates. If you care brand from Lakeland’s good stuff. 

• Like 2

Anyone used a square tea bags to press grinder kief or various types of hash?

I got a bit of both but i have quit smoking and the hash feature on my vape ain't as good as using its concentration pad so thinking about squashing it.

I use a roll of mesh the required micron size I get them from screenstretch. I make a wrap for the sift I prefer them to bags etc less blow outs I find and no stitching etc on the screen materials .

• Like 2

I buy a long tube and cut what I need at the time (fine 25/37 micron mesh for kief and 120/160 for flower)

They make a fancy 30mm pre press mold to use first but a section of 32mm pipe and a bit of broomhandle is just as good imo 

• Like 1

If you want to make golden rosin that runs out of your paper, use kief. I don’t bother with bags unless I’m pressing bags that fit my plates, so 1/4oz+ bud or kief. For pressing small amounts there’s too much wastage. You can add a bit of heat and pressure to the kief and roll into hash too. 
I shall have mine out after Christmas, I’ll post some pics :yep:

large.1FA63462-35C3-4F53-854A-56193B1A1894.jpeg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Isn’t smoking rosin a tad harsh on the lungs? Can it be vaped or are higher temps needed? 

I use it in a dab pen and my dry herb vaporizer and neither are harsh, about the same smoothness of dry herbing flower due to how little product there is needed. At about 230-240c for my dry herb vape using a concentrates pad.:yep:

But smoked in a joint will probably be harsh af, I did it with a small bit of Crumble once, tasted nice but was very harsh at the same time.

Edited by Military Grade

Smoke?????

Noooooooooooooo! 

What a waste lol

To vape it in a weed vape you can use reusable concentrate pads like the one in the pic posted by Military Grade ^^ 

Or you can use ecig vaping cotton and chuck it away after a couple of uses and not worry about cleaning

You don't really need to turn it up much, if at all, as you're basically vaping the same thing you usually vape, it's just been melted and collected together.

Or there's a weird and wonderful world of dedicated concentrate vapes out there if you want to take it to the next level

As I say, a cheap bucket, carb cap and a big torch are a good place to start 

• Like 2

Done two small hash samples in the press without a bag.

CBN Hash

large.20231119_053025.jpg

KASHMIR CBD Hash

large.20231121_071943.jpg

Looks like Hash is a high yielder, I've been waiting a few days for it to harden up more for collecting.

Once I have I'll post some pics.

I did press some Blue Cheese I grew and it tasted lovely in the dab pen, so plan to press another bud of that, and gonna try this ice cream pheno of Chelato too.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1