First go at hash

latitude54

I use endecotts stainless steel hand sieves cost a fortune but will last a lifetime. I’ve got a 220 micron work screen. Then below that is my 125micron screen which is my separation screen then a stainless steel ‘receiver’ below that which collects the trichomes. I’ve tried adding a 160 to this but it just collected mainly pistils and was barely press-able and also increased losses and reduced the yield of the good stuff.

I think a work screen is beneficial because it allows your separation screen to work efficiently just to separate the particles as intended. 

• Like 2

Finally got to have a go at dry sifting on Friday evening.

I ran 3 bags of trim. And was pretty pleased with the result. I think I was a bit too rough with the first 2 bags as the resulting keif was darker than the third lot. Tthe ball is a little green(ish) but for a first go, I'm pretty happy. :)

large.hash1.jpglarge.hash2.jpglarge.hash3.jpg

• Like 17

1 hour ago, OldFord said:

^^^^^   :wub:   :yes:   

I’m going to sift the remaining 4 bags this evening.. 3 of which are mainly bits from my trim bag so fingers crossed they’ll be trichome rich. :) 

• Like 3

Looks good that mate! Get it wrapped up in cellophane and into a dark, cool place and leave it for 3 months minimum - it will improve no end!

• Like 1

I’ve now sifted all of my trim once and have made 4 balls totalling 25.2g. 
There’s 4 primarily because I did it in batches and with 4 kids, two dogs and the wife floating about I didn’t want to leave keif laying around. it’d either get eaten (dogs), spilled (3 of the kids), stolen (the biggest of the kids) or mistaken for rubbish and binned (wife). 

Whilst most of the balls are just trim, one of them is 90% flower from my Pink Cherry Pie. It was the last popcorn buds that I couldn’t bring myself to trim. It’s just over 3g and it looks amazing! It’s almost like the balls I see on other posts. Super shiny and soft. 

Everything is now sealed up in bags and will stay that way till my wedding in Feb (a little present to myself). I’ve got a few pics on my phone to upload next time I’m at the computer. 

• Like 4

I was in OGKZ trim jail all day yesterday and finished with a bit of dry sifting of all the dry trim over a silk screen (I trimmed over it also) and got 6g of silver grey trichs. Keeping it as keif sprinkles rather than pressing.

My screen is an "Aluminium Screen Printing Frames with 43T/110 White Mesh for Screen Printing -7.87 x 9.84inch / 20x25cmm" FWIW

• Like 2