NFT Nutrients... time to move on from Vitalink

rememberingnever

Just now, JonDaMon said:

y the last 4 weeks or so I don’t really use the MKP it’s more only as they begin to stack that I tend to use it. 

The biggest difference I’ve found over the years is the use of Epsom as it’s Mg and S and I find the S helps more with limonene terpenes and Mg for overall health during flower. 

Try KSH04 and MgS04 after you've stopped the MKP but go steady if you like to run the EC quite high (3.0+) as all the sulphur will cause the media pH to tank, which is why MKP is having a surge in popularity again lately. The K really helps drive transpiration, flower set and sugar transportation during those weeks and the Mg balances the base/water imbalance out to facilitate the uptake - adding sulphur does help to aromatics, not just limonene ! Check this out: 

We discovered a new family of volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs) containing the prenyl (3-methylbut-2-en-1-yl) functional group that is responsible for this scent. In particular, the compound 3-methyl-2-butene-1-thiol was identified as the primary odorant.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsomega.1c04196

• Like 3

@JonDaMon 

Did you know the HydroSol nutes are recommended to be used at 60% A / 40% B in veg and the other way around (40% A / 60% B) in flower ...To give more nitrogen and calcium in veg and more P and K in flower? There is also a feed chart on Hydrocrop’s website.  Sal

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

Try KSH04 and MgS04 after you've stopped the MKP but go steady if you like to run the EC quite high (3.0+) as all the sulphur will cause the media pH to tank, which is why MKP is having a surge in popularity again lately. The K really helps drive transpiration, flower set and sugar transportation during those weeks and the Mg balances the base/water imbalance out to facilitate the uptake - adding sulphur does help to aromatics, not just limonene ! Check this out: 

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsomega.1c04196

EC 3 ffs I never go above 1.8 lol  

will check out the Chems mentioned 

for a long time I just used Base A and B’s 

tried IONIC, CANNA, DUTCHPRO, HYDROTOPS quite a few but find most of them lacking in one thing or another that then needs to troubleshooted and then corrected lol  or buy their entire range. 

dutch pro served me well for around 6 years but was tired of paying for water hence why I switched to hydrosol this year. 

thanks for the information. 

Just now, greengal said:

@JonDaMon 

Did you know the HydroSol nutes are recommended to be used at 60% A / 40% B in veg and the other way around (40% A / 60% B) in flower ...To give more nitrogen and calcium in veg and more P and K in flower? There is also a feed chart on Hydrocrop’s website.  Sal

yes I’ve seen the recommended etc. 

as this will be my first time using them I’m opting to keep at 50/50 to see how they perform before tinkering around with 60/40 40/60. 

I like to have a baseline of what the 50/50 mix will accomplish before I try anything else. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ok just mixed up some hydrosol eventually after running out of vitalink, what ratios are recommended to mix to for grow/flower? I'm sure I read something before that pretty much put the levels around Athenas. Probably a Revive post?

60/40 - 40/60 depending which stage. If you search Hydrosol you’ll find their website with all the info plus feed charts.