Stop hot air signature

Chick0ndipper

TBH, you'll probably find that you'll need a dehumidifier anyway if your growing in a garage through winter, so recycling really wouldn't be any more work. Plus your not heating up a load of cold air just to chuck it out outside, saves a fair bit of energy.

Edited by MindSoup

23 minutes ago, Chick0ndipper said:

Good ideas guys. Although I’m not keen on recycling the air due to humidity issues and adds in another layer of conditioning the air. 

I’m not thinking police and drones but rippers or people fucking around. Don’t want my family in a dangerous situation cause someone thought they’re onto something big. 

I got a pond been trying to think of ways to use it but don’t think it’s possible. 

Im guessing the warmed up air recycling will reduce the dampness in the air as its been warmed already ,  go to be betther than the cold damp surrounding air ?   

Just speculating as not clued up.          Either way im guessing as others have said the air will need a dehumidifier in a cold garage enviro anyway ,  poss worth trying to divert warm drier air and see how beneficial it is.    Should also be lower noise & vent steam giveaway.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chick0ndipper said:

I got a pond been trying to think of ways to use it but don’t think it’s possible. 

Put sharks in there!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OldFord said:

I will be going indoors next season to try my hand & for breedong , so its going to be a whole new experience and challenge :george:   Lots to learn

I intake through an open window that opens & closes as weather and temperatures dictate. I currently extract, through a filter, into the house. In the winter this helps heat the house to some extent. I hadn't really considered recirculating back into the grow.

Good luck with your breedong!

:yinyang:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, OldFord said:

Im not clued up at all with indoor kit , but its basic extraction as would be on machinery principal and you can divert air without any dramas so im presuming the theory will work on a tent system as thats basic also.    Um guessing extract from highest point to get warmest air , you want max heat back into lower area with lowest heat transfer loss so slower air speed will benefit you    

Is there an ideal / optimum  air pressure figure ?      Optimum airflow speed ??    

I have helped put a few builds together for others but never had my own :yep:   

I will be going indoors next season to try my hand & for breedong , so its going to be a whole new experience and challenge :george:   Lots to learn

Hi mate the indoor game is not to bad to be honest i am looking at setting the wardrobe grow back up in the next few weeks . i can drop a few pics if you like .

@chickOndipper ok like some have said have a long outlet run round the inside of the garage will allow the air to cool but failing that do not take the pipe out high up on the garage go to the back of the garage were you may have some bushes growing and bring it out at grown level down there because any air coming out will be cool by the time it hits the outside but we all know the coldest air is at ground level and if you bring it out behind bushes and low any heat left will be wiped out before it can get out the vert , also put a good vent on one with wirer membrane or you might find slugs in the garage to or a mouse .

• Like 1