Stop hot air signature

Chick0ndipper

wondering if anyone has ideas to do something with the hot humid extraction air. Hot humid air coming out of a garage. Anyway to treat it or anything? 

thought about digging a hole with rocks and putting the pipe into that underground, kind of like the way waste water is treated. Seems a bit excessive though. 

The garage is separate from the house. Im concerned about drones looking for heat signatures, without sounding too paranoid. 

Nah forget about it,you can set like fake outake but if they look closer they will see it, check on YouTube how scan looks.

Not that anyone will care about your 600w grow but unless you got 10hps lamps your good. I often run 4 bulbs with no issues

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chick0ndipper said:

Im concerned about drones looking for heat signatures

The police can barely afford to run their cars atm, I dont think you need to be too worried about Drones lol Playing too much C.O.D mate.

Bbut if your that concerned just make sure the ducting you use is decent quality insulated ducting and have at least a 2M run of ducting from the fan to where the air exits, this way it will cool right down before it comes out the ducting. The longer the length the better. And point it down towards the ground so it dampens it, try not to have it pushing the air across horizontially.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chick0ndipper said:

The garage is separate from the house. Im concerned about drones looking for heat signatures, without sounding too paranoid. 

I get it, I've been there with the same thing regarding helicopters.

Honestly, you've nothing to worry about providing your window isn't wide open and there's a blatant exhaust sticking out. And even then you'll probably get away with it being a tumbler drier exhaust.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chick0ndipper said:

wondering if anyone has ideas to do something with the hot humid extraction air. Hot humid air coming out of a garage. Anyway to treat it or anything? 

thought about digging a hole with rocks and putting the pipe into that underground, kind of like the way waste water is treated. Seems a bit excessive though. 

buy in the scrap yard an outside aircondition unit........blow out though this junk....

any one knowns heat comes from aircondition units :) 

no go : dont blow hot air in sewers... you never know where that ends up...

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about heat signatures, choppers or drones, It's nosy neighbors & exposure via social situations (ie. grassed up) that are more of a worry.

• Like 2

If you're really worried you could just extract back into the garage and run a big dehumidifier. Extra electricity but it it will save you a lot on heating so sort of balances out. You might need quite a big one though depending on the size of your grow. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

As a non clued up indoor grower  - 

can you not make the system into a loop and feed the warm air back into the inlet side of things ?   

Even a bias vent to slow the exit to atmosphere and divert most back into the main systems intake ? 

You could do yeah, but you'd need some way of removing the humidity, there's a few people on here that run intake and extraction through a dehumidifier. You need some fresh air getting pulled in as well to keep the CO2 levels up, or seal it up completely and run a CO2 bottle. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OldFord said:

Even a bias vent to slow the exit to atmosphere and divert most back into the main systems intake ?

This is an interesting idea but how technically plausible this would be I'm not sure. Negative pressure 'n' orl that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lux_Interior said:

This is an interesting idea but how technically plausible this would be I'm not sure. Negative pressure 'n' orl that.

Im not clued up at all with indoor kit , but its basic extraction as would be on machinery principal and you can divert air without any dramas so im presuming the theory will work on a tent system as thats basic also.    Um guessing extract from highest point to get warmest air , you want max heat back into lower area with lowest heat transfer loss so slower air speed will benefit you    

Is there an ideal / optimum  air pressure figure ?      Optimum airflow speed ??    

I have helped put a few builds together for others but never had my own :yep:   

I will be going indoors next season to try my hand & for breedong , so its going to be a whole new experience and challenge :george:   Lots to learn

• Like 2

Good ideas guys. Although I’m not keen on recycling the air due to humidity issues and adds in another layer of conditioning the air. 

I’m not thinking police and drones but rippers or people fucking around. Don’t want my family in a dangerous situation cause someone thought they’re onto something big. 

I got a pond been trying to think of ways to use it but don’t think it’s possible. 

• Like 2