Tony Green & lucky dog

Danny killerZ

@mikeydoughnut I’ve just had to replace(well I haven’t actually replaced it yet lol ) an 8” AC Infinity Cloudline fan that I got when I swapped from HPS to LEDs,

so just a couple of years ago.

The fan makes a weird squeaky noise that doesn’t even seem to change no matter what speed it’s running at :wallbash:

I’ve gone for a Systemair revolution vector silenced this time around,

which is a bit dearer but hopefully I will be able to make a warranty claim if this one goes :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

That’s the one thing in the back of my mind @Shumroom … why are they so much cheaper?! 

I looked at those vector ones but £400 for 700m3/ph seems proper steep. That one without the casing is more reasonable at 299. If I wasn’t replacing 2 fans I’d be more comfy spending the whole budget on one. 

How long did it take before it started fucking up like? 

• Like 1

I liked that but don’t like it :thumbdown: that sucks arse. Thing is I need 2. Need some building work done and could do with ditching the RVK too. It’s in a shit controller. It dunt bother me but a visitor would notice the hum. A good controller is more than the ac infinity fan. Are they as quiet as they claim? 

Ye I know what you mean @mikeydoughnut, replacing 2 at once is a fucker too!

Are both your tents with the fans flowering atm? If so I'd say maybe buy 1 now just to be safe and then the other around black Friday?

I got a 6" rvk in the loft for emergencies, heard of them lasting 10+ years no problem :thumsup:

Ye man it's proper shit regarding the legalities here, maybe one day it'll change, hopefully in the next 20 odd years lol 

@Shumroom don't say that! Mine is that old lol

1 of my pals has that vector fan and it seems good and it was silent when I saw it, also looked massive compared to the AC, atb with it :yep: 

• Like 2

One is. T’other will get flicked this time next week. I’m lucky I’ve got the money at all like. It’s one of those planets aligning moments. I’ll just have to see how I feel when the money is in the bank next week. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Shumroom said:

About 2 and a half years :(

How long is the warranty/life expectancy of the Vector fan, @Shumroom ?

Just wondering if 2 x AC Infinity @ 2.5 years = 5 years for the same kind of money ? The temp and RH controller for the Infinity is a big +.

8 hours ago, Shaggy1 said:

I got a 6" rvk in the loft for emergencies, heard of them lasting 10+ years no problem :thumsup:

I ran a 4" RVK 24/7 for the best part of ten years without a single problem. Was a tad noisy though, and got worse with the years.

5 hours ago, Zipster said:

Just wondering if 2 x AC Infinity @ 2.5 years = 5 years for the same kind of money ? The temp and RH controller for the Infinity is a big +.

Who wants to be waiting on their equipment to fail? :) 

Especially one one of the most important parts of the setup.

I think it's a 3 year warranty with the Vector :g:

but i expect it to last at least 5 years anyway.

I only trust my veg tent to the AC Infinity controller,

i use GAS controllers in the flowering areas,

an Enviro v2 in one and an EC 5 in the other :D 

Atb