I am done

Older not wiser

Just wanted to give anyone that is interested an update on my grow. 

This was my first attempt at growing and I was pretty pleased with how it turned out plus I had fun learning something new. 

I started off on a whim (pissed) ordering some seeds and then tried germinating them, only 1 of the first 3 took so I tried again and ended up with 4 plants. Miraculously they all survived but they were crowding out my tiny tent, so I culled 1 plant at the 8 week stage.

I grew 2 strains of autos - critical and blueberry treacle. In homemade compost and I supplemented with homemade fertilisers, it worked well up until the last few weeks where the plants looked a bit nutrient deprived. 

In retrospec I probably harvested them a little soon. I did wait a whole month after they were supposed to be ready. I didn't want couch lock so was always going to harvest sooner rather than later.

We don't smoke and have no tolerance, so we made cannabis infused coconut oil, in total I made 2.5 litres with with each tsp being around 14-20 mg which is a nice little buzz. 

I also made some tinctures but I am not sure I have worked out the dosage correctly yet. 

All the leftover plant material from making oils, I have saved and am soaking in dark rum, if there is any goodness left I will soak it out over the next few months. 

All my kit is now packed away and I might consider another grow next year. I am not much of a stoner these days and had my last doobie over 15 years ago but a nice canna oil buzz is a nice change from a bottle of wine and probably better on my liver too!

Thanks for all the advice and support. I learned loads from reading diaries and asking questions on here. Just a shame I still can't get photos to load from my phone. 

• Like 30

As first grows go you pretty much aced it. Hobby growing is about getting to know your limitations and practicalities. One mans 4x4m tent is another mans converted cupboard under the sink.

Good luck with your Cannarum, that is an intriguing idea.

How did you make your home made fertiliser?

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Congratulations, it sounds like you have been very productive :yep:

It's been a bit of an all consuming hobby and i don't quite know how I will fill my time now lol

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Lux_Interior said:

As first grows go you pretty much aced it. Hobby growing is about getting to know your limitations and practicalities. One mans 4x4m tent is another mans converted cupboard under the sink.

Good luck with your Cannarum, that is an intriguing idea.

How did you make your home made fertiliser?

It's a nettle and comfrey tea, I fermented the leaves in water for 6 weeks. Smells awful but the plants love it. Also make my own compost which I supplemented with blood and bone meal.

• Like 1
Just now, Older not wiser said:

It's a nettle and comfrey tea, I fermented the leaves in water for 6 weeks. Smells awful but the plants love it. Also make my own compost which I supplemented with blood and bone meal.

The canna rum smells amazing! All the weed was decarbed and infused into the oil so it has a coconutty smell which goes nicely with dark rum. I will infuse it until Xmas and strain. There must be some thc left right? Might be a mad night, the night we crack that open. I have frozen it and defrosted it and now its sat in the dark . I def notice a different buzz between a tincture and an oil. Back in the day I used to buy cannabis wine but it was rank and was guaranteed to make you puke! Hopefully this will be nicer!

• Like 4
  • 3 months later...

Little update - warning on the canna rum. I saved all my residue from making oil and stuck it in a big jar with a bottle of dark rum. I left it for a few weeks and shook it daily. Over Xmas I decided to have a double. The weed had absorbed quite a lot of the rum so I gave the plant material a little squeeze. Due to the sunflower lecithin it was pretty thick. I knocked it back. Big, big mistake. Within 15 mins I had to lie down. I then spent the next 3 days tripping my balls off and couldn't lift my head from the pillow. I slept/passed out for the majority of that time like when you have a fever. Needless to say it's sat languishing in the back of my cupboard, where it will likely stay until I feel brave again. I did strain it and dilute it with 3 more bottles of rum so I now have about 3 litres of the stuff. It makes me feel sick to even contemplate it, lol.  

• Like 3
  • WOW 1
  • Haha 10

Better to start with a drop or two under the tongue and give an hour or so before taking any more.

Taking a double shot was a bit much lol

Atb

☯️

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Shumroom said:

Better to start with a drop or two under the tongue and give an hour or so before taking any more.

Taking a double shot was a bit much lol

Atb

☯️

Absolutely, lesson learnt for sure

• Like 1

Medibles are great,

it’s like you get stoned from the inside lol

I love to combine eating it and topping up with a pure joint 🫠

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

WeN I returned to canabis after a 7 year break I started working with "colin" Colin told me how easy it was to grow weed in the UK a little squirt or nutes once or twice and easy peazy, it got my attention, he kindly gave me a shotcake cookie the size of my hand and twice as thick , on the Saturday morning I took half the cookie whilst watch the original batman as Jack nicleson was melting I the vat I started to become how you described very panicky Mrs didn't know so I quickly told her I took a edible from a guys at work went upstairs and had that fever/tripping for 48 hours straight it was the worst I can relate, your receptors were bare now they have thc so now u have a baseline tolerance.

My advice maybe do a teaspoon of rum and see how it affects you

Lol we all been there fun and games (not)

I've 'OD'd' on oil a few times, which kind of felt like mind and body had been liquidised and churned around randomly for a dozen or so hours.  Not the best recreational buzz in world but the sleep on the back of it is pretty good.  Enjoy your fruits 

• Like 1