Broad Spectrum Strains

Pepe Ramon

@Arbre Medicinal I guess you must have things pretty dry down there?   Just read this in Dinafem description of the Shark shock:

“Outdoors you shouldn’t really harvest in humid areas or places where it tends to rain, as this strain really doesn’t do well with fungi and can rot quite easily.”

Sounds like wouldn’t fair so well outdoors here.  

You looked at any of Mean gene’s stuff? Aka Freeborn selections.  He breeds outdoor in Mendocino so would be well suited to your climate, and has a few things which are more mixed THC / CBD with interesting terp profiles.  

Not feminised, cheap or easily attainable, but then the best things often aren’t.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

@Arbre Medicinal I guess you must have things pretty dry down there?   Just read this in Dinafem description of the Shark shock:

“Outdoors you shouldn’t really harvest in humid areas or places where it tends to rain, as this strain really doesn’t do well with fungi and can rot quite easily.”

I have only had rot once and it was with Shark Shock.

• Like 1

I'm growing some 1:1 strains from Phoenix Seeds just now (I have a feeling they may have a Dinafem connection too, UK based retailer but partly a Spanish operation too). CBD Critical Mass and CBD Auto. Both claimed to be around 8% THC/CBD, so a nice balanced effect perhaps. I should be trying the CBD Auto fairly soon in the vape, will report back once I have.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crow River said:

I have a feeling they may have a Dinafem connection too

I think Silent Seeds was set up by Dinafem people

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Satchitananda said:

I have only had rot once and it was with Shark Shock.

Shark shock cane close to finishing for me but not quite. It wouldn't take much work though to get it to finish. 

• Like 2

@Satchitananda reason I mentioned it was because someone wrote about Silent Seeds. Also the only other seedbank I could find that supplied CBD Critical Mass was Dinafem. Could just be coincidence, or could be Phoenix work with some of the same breeders? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

are Silent Seeds and Dinafem linked? 

Yes. I found Silent Seeds on Attitude and it says "Silent Seeds came into being in 2021 but established itself as a pioneer in the industry a long time ago already. This brand is formed of breeders and official team members of well-known Dinafem."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crow River said:

I have a feeling they may have a Dinafem connection too

Pretty sure Dinafem and I think HSO were subsidiaries of LaMota, which also produced bulk seed for lots other Dutch/Spanish ‘breeders’.  

There’ll be someone doing massive reversals of black domina,  if you buy the S1s through sweet seeds it’s called S.A.D , from G13 double black, maybe Phoenix call them northern lites.  Like any other industry, mostly branding / marketing of same generic stock.  

Having said that, recently purchased white widow from 6 or so different sources, including silent seeds, all seeds were visibly different, aside from two of the companies. Waiting to see how much those two differ in flower & end product. 

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 4

@Slippy One I don't think it has any psychoactive effect but think it's sort of like CBD on steroids as far as the medicinal possibilities go.

It'd be interesting if anyone has ran or is planning on running the CBG zerodue from seedstockers? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slippy One said:

What effect does CBG have on the experience? Is it common?>

I can’t speak for its effect in combination with THC, but on its own is fucking lovely, only cannabis I smoke.  

‘Non psychoactive’ is a fair description in some ways but shouldn’t be mistaken for it having no effect on mood / wellbeing etc.  Best way I can describe the effect is like the high you get from exercise.  An order of magnitude more enjoyable than pure CBD, which imo is nothing to write home about.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 7

Mr Nice gear is worth looking at for sharkshock too if they still have any in stock.

I ran some in my first grow in my loft in 21. Some of them are big narrow leafs types that i fed wrong and didnt finish and they were awful(they might be good in the hand of a better grower). But there are some gems in there too. I had one really old school tasting one that just plowed on through bad temps and all sorts and still produced something really nice. I never took clones and defo regret that.

Edited by Strawberry Fields