Broad Spectrum Strains

Pepe Ramon

Hi everyone, just a quick question for the hive; is there or are there strains that have a nice balance of THC, CBD and CBG? Or is that not achievable?

With the recent discovery that the high comes from an entourage effect rather than high THC, I really want to grow plants that have a broader spectrum, I have some 1:1 Cream Caramel CBD for next year but what other strains should I be considering?

I was recommended Skunk Haze a few years back by Danzig (RIP) has anyone grown it?

TIA

AM

Edited by Arbre Medicinal
  • Like 3

Shark Shock by CBD crew/mr nice has always been one that stands in my mind as very pleasurable - I think @ratdog (cant tag on this pc sorry) ran some for a while and if I remember right, he really enjoyed it too. 

• Like 3

A mate grew some hotgg "Barb" a few years ago and that was lovely and balanced, again a very popular strain with the medical community.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Mix said:

IRC great white shark and shark shock where popular to use around 15years or so within the medicinal community 

Not just the medicinal community, Sharkshock became my 'keeper'. :naughty:

Edited by Zipster

I'm also interested in finding something medicinal, mainly to make creams and edibles for family members.

So far I've been looking at asian strains, indica and sativa from all over. CBG seems quite rare but hashplants seem to produce the most THC/CBD varieties.

Also 1 that comes to mind when you say equal amounts of THC, CBD + CBG is a Japanese hemp strain by Ace. They say it has 3 phenos, 1 being a 2:1:1 10% CBD 5% THC 5% CBG or something like that. I'd imagine you'd need lab testing and a good amount of seeds to hunt but it piqued my interest.

I'm running some pine tar gush atm, the mum's said to of came back with around 1% THCv which is supposedly quite rare too.

• Like 3

I'd suggest Amnesia CBD from Dinafem, but not sure if you'll find them anywhere now, absolutely banging flavour and great yield. I have got a few beans and a mother revegging so I could potentially make a few seeds to keep the spirit  alive, no promises  of anything any time soon though. 

Don't have to find everything in one strain though, if you grow a CBD dom, CBG dom, THC dom etc then you can mix them at different ratios to see what works best :smokin:

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

@Arbre Medicinal indoor or outdoor? 

Outdoor dude, Lat 41.

ETA: I've just been browsing on the Grow Barato website and they have Shark Shock from a company called Silent Seeds but at the very top of the page the banner reads Dinafem Shark Shock, are Silent Seeds and Dinafem linked? 

Edited by Arbre Medicinal

1 hour ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

Outdoor dude, Lat 41.

I’m working on a couple things it would be good to have tested outdoors.  A 1:1 thc/cbd and (if re-veg works) a CBG hybrid.  

My understanding is Dinafem got shafted by the Spanish government for avoiding tax,  Silent seeds is new company launched by some of the same people and presumably genetic stock, so essentially same company.   

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, MindSoup said:

could potentially make a few seeds to keep the spirit  alive,

At F2 you will get individuals witch are CBD dominant, THC dominant, and everything in between.  So be a bit of a lucky dip compared to the F1s. 

Just now, Amarillo slim said:

At F2 you will get individuals witch are CBD dominant, THC dominant, and everything in between.  So be a bit of a lucky dip compared to the F1s. 

Oh yeah. I think we talked about this a while ago actually, major disappointment because it's such a lovely strain. 

10 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Oh yeah. I think we talked about this a while ago actually, major disappointment because it's such a lovely strain. 

You could line breed it, and with careful selection end up with a stable 1:1 variety.  But would be a lot of breeding work.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shaggy1 said:

I'm also interested in finding something medicinal, mainly to make creams and edibles for family members.

So far I've been looking at asian strains, indica and sativa from all over. CBG seems quite rare but hashplants seem to produce the most THC/CBD varieties.

Also 1 that comes to mind when you say equal amounts of THC, CBD + CBG is a Japanese hemp strain by Ace. They say it has 3 phenos, 1 being a 2:1:1 10% CBD 5% THC 5% CBG or something like that. I'd imagine you'd need lab testing and a good amount of seeds to hunt but it piqued my interest.

I'm running some pine tar gush atm, the mum's said to of came back with around 1% THCv which is supposedly quite rare too.

The Japanese one is little too unpredictable for me tbh dude, too many possibilities, I also fancied the Lebanese from Ace but I only want fems at the moment, so I think I'll order some Shark Shock from Silent Seeds.

Thanks everyone...:hippy:

• Like 3