Best Mycorrhizal Rooting Powder Brands?

MidgeSmith

Just now, KC said:

@DeltaMelter

Sorry if i'm being a bit thick here but £15 of powder makes 50ltrs, you don't use it every watering then? Depending on how many plants and the time of year I can use 20ltrs of water/feed every couple of days easily. That could get pricey :unsure:

Yes I use it every 2 weeks - just once. With 9 plants I'm usually only putting 9 litres in there anyway so it lasts me a good 5 applications which is 10 weeks for me and covers the whole flower cycle.

• Like 1

I think the growshop I use stocks that ecolife medium, depending on the cost of the biosys I might do a comparison myself.

edit - @DeltaMelter Cheers mate, that makes it sound a lot more reasonable.

Edited by KC
  • Like 3

It's not all down to BioSys but I find the plants have very healthy roots with the BioSys / Organix range combo, especially combined with a root tonic/stimulant. Well worth it, particularly in veg while potting up to build a solid rootzone. I didn't get roots like this before using the beneficial goodies:

large.Roots4Fruits.jpg

• Like 3

I use Great White Shark with great success.

A very small dusting when transplanting from clone into their secondary pots.

Nice and healthy dense and white rootballs when it comes to transplant into their final homes.

Good watering practice, not over watering or letting it dry too much either is the key really.

Also worth mentioning is that I find that if plants are ever struggling due to an unhealthy root zone, a healthy dose of any beneficial mychoryzal product will really help the plant bounce back quicker than if without.

• Like 3

Yeah I can't really do a comparison as I am doing 3 different strains and all from seed. It would be worth a shot though.

I think the plants should benefit, even though they're not very long lived. That's just going by what growers seem to say in general though.

Thanks for all the suggestions. :)

• Like 2

Having used a good few mycorrhizal blends over the years i keep going back to vitax Q4 rootmore mycorrhizal, its just bomb proof... And cheap.

:yinyang:

• Like 5

Add my 2p, definitely TNC stuff, they do a few types as already stated. Some you put in soil/on roots, some you can put in your nutrient solution. Also, Great White if you can get it. Its a US product but is good. 

I would say though that I've noticed a bit of extra transplant shock if you coat your roots in it before potting up. I just add it to soil and  dust the hole before putting the root ball in instead. But then I'm by no means an expert. 

• Like 3