Best dehumidifier for mini grow room

Amnesialocal

Dear all,

I am asking, let's see if someone can help.

I am looking for a dehumidifier ( ideally desiccator no compressor, but secondary) for a 40*70*180cm grow room.

I have a 500ml/day black and decker, but to me is not working properly.

I would like something like the Levoir dehumidifier but they don't work in the UK without transformer.

Any brand you can suggest for me to investigate?

Any suggestion very much appreciated

Thanks

Amnesis

Im surprised the black and decker isn't working for you, i just stumped for their 12L/day compressor dehu and its great, gets the whole gaff into check proper quickly.

Don't put yer dehu inside your tent would be my best advice, you want to dehumidify the air going into your tent if you are having rh issues so its best to have the unit located in your lung room.

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Very good advice...

I have extractor and intake taking and bringing from outside.( Shed)..which lot of humidity of course but also cold air which reduce the humidity itself.

I guess the black and decker could work decently into the grow room...but outside is completely useless.

I have also a 12l ecoair and works amazing, but doesn't fit at all the grow tent and consume 300W.

I can use the intake revert it and use inside air and keep the extractor outside.

I need to think about it.

Many thanks again 

• Like 2

So you need to be drawing air into the shed not straight from outside into the tent.

Dehumidify the whole shed and pull that air into the tent using yer extraction as negative pressure.

Putting a dehu in the actual tent will just cause it to work itself to death/be really expensive to run and not be very effective whilst costing you a fortune.

@Military Grade Same bro :bong:

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 1

But won't cost me a fortune to de-humidifier all the room?

The idea to take air from inside and blow in its very clever and I will definitely consider to do.

Thanks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

cost me a fortune to de-humidifier all the room?

It'll be cheaper than trying to maintain a stable environment in a smaller space with constant air exchange.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

I have extractor and intake taking and bringing from outside.( Shed)..which lot of humidity of course but also cold air which reduce the humidity itself.

Eh??? Sorry, Amne'; I'm working along similar lines to yeself, mate. But, I could use some clarification on that bit, please?

That EcoAir's a Desiccator, yeah?

8 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

But won't cost me a fortune to de-humidifier all the room?

The idea to take air from inside and blow in its very clever and I will definitely consider to do.

Thanks

With mine only having to come on for about 10mins every 30mins to check humidity(once target has been met for the first time), it don't cost that much at about 230w.

Mine is rated for a 5 bed house, running in a 2 bed bungalow lol, the upside it has greatly reduced the moisture on the windows

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Chal said:

Eh??? Sorry, Amne'; I'm working along similar lines to yeself, mate. But, I could use some clarification on that bit, please?

That EcoAir's a Desiccator, yeah?

Dehumidifier compressor

Just now, Amnesialocal said:

Dehumidifier compressor

Oh, is it? And ye not liking it? I was eyeballing a comp' one, this morning. (I'm always eyeballing dehu's! It's somewhat my 'Thing', at the moment.

All a bit a (Hell of a!) balancing act, I'm feeling.

1 hour ago, Chal said:

Oh, is it? And ye not liking it? I was eyeballing a comp' one, this morning. (I'm always eyeballing dehu's! It's somewhat my 'Thing', at the moment.

All a bit a (Hell of a!) balancing act, I'm feeling.

Hi Chal, Ecoair produce both compressor and dessicator...the model I use for the kitchen/living room is compressor.

• Like 1

On 24/10/2023 at 5:59 PM, BilgePump said:

So you need to be drawing air into the shed not straight from outside into the tent.

Dehumidify the whole shed and pull that air into the tent using yer extraction as negative pressure.

Putting a dehu in the actual tent will just cause it to work itself to death/be really expensive to run and not be very effective whilst costing you a fortune.

@Military Grade Same bro :bong:

Hi Bilge, I created this post to review my setting out and I would like to check if this option 2 set- up could work better:

https://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/427400-mini-grow-room-i-did-big-mistakes/

Any comments much appreciated 

On 26/10/2023 at 5:16 PM, Military Grade said:

The EcoAir ones look cheap, maybe that's why they are underwhelming :g:

Hi Military,

I thought eco air are quite good almost like meaco,  and some very energy efficient ( summit 150w 12l)....

At the moment my problem are the temperatures, that during light off ( day) are below 20c (17-20), so the compressor dehumidifier doesn't work efficiently and need to turn off to defrost 35% of the time ( so humidity go up and down 50-70% all the time and can't drop below 50 as it start to defrost )

A dessicator will work because low temperature and will work very well for the first 1-2-3 hours but after I will have all the space at 27-30 degrees. I should then have an exhaust to extract outside the space all the warm air...and I assume humidity. Also I can't use the dessicator during the day as the temperature will raise incredibly.

I assume there are two options:

A- I am warming all the space at 21c and I use the compressor 24h and I switch the eating off only when temperature are above 20.

B- I need a dessicator for the night + extractor and a compressor for the day as the dessicator will raise too much temperature.

How much will cost me to warm up at 20C a room not very well insulated + humidifier ( approx. 600w/h?). 

Not sure if someone has the same issue and how you solve this issue.

I was considering autos 20/4 if night with some high humidity works. In terms of cost to me is almost similar.

What's your thought about it?