Strains without any sweet taste and flavour

Shaggy1

12 hours ago, MidgeSmith said:

Skunk #1 has more phenos than Picasso got paint.

I did the Sensi one years ago and every plant in that pack was totally different. I did run the Flying Dutchman 'The Pure' and that was really uniform, although the second pack I tried was uniform too but nothing like the first pack.

Absolute joke lol

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KC said:

I did the Sensi one years ago and every plant in that pack was totally different. I did run the Flying Dutchman 'The Pure' and that was really uniform, although the second pack I tried was uniform too but nothing like the first pack.

Absolute joke lol

Is it though? Cheese was a Skunk #1 pheno for example and I believe several famous strains also came from it. If we hadn't had the instability, we may not have found our way to multiple examples of excellence.

I view it as being like a selection box, though if you want homogenous and stable, I guess something like The Pure, which I'd guess has been stabilised since Skunk #1, then its a better bet.

All the best (I've heard great things about The Pure btw, I hope yours was great!)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Axiom said:

If anyone knows which breeder I should be looking at pls point in the right direction. 

Check out rhino D from verdant green, it's an old North London cut of white rhino crossed to a chem D bx. I only ran 2 females but they had all sorts of funk, would definitely recommend :yep:

• Like 3

As others have said I like the sentiment of running some skunk#1 and finding something old school but I don't really hold much hope of any of it being the same now. 

Some one please prove me wrong and then point us in the right direction.:thumsup:

What about this todd geezer "authentic genetics"? Surely if they were the real deal people would be fighting over them?

I think for people who can't get or don't want the old UK clones, uk420 is the best place to source any old genetics and 1 of the only places I hold faith that the genetics will be as stated and produce some gold.

:skin_up:

On 23/10/2023 at 11:11 PM, MidgeSmith said:

I grew a Skunk #1 from Sensi Seeds at the start of the year and the pheno I got was all Pine.  Not what I was expecting at all...

@MidgeSmith  ye am not surprised ,you would prolly need to grow 100seeds of sk1 from different breeders to find that skunk flavor, I had few decent ones in 2007 but didn't reveg any.

Planed to start the hunt last year but bumped into jelly rancher and kept it,lots of sweet phenos so not for OP.

Just now, Herbal Kint said:

@MidgeSmith  ye am not surprised ,you would prolly need to grow 100seeds of sk1 from different breeders to find that skunk flavor, I had few decent ones in 2007 but didn't reveg any.

Planed to start the hunt last year but bumped into jelly rancher and kept it,lots of sweet phenos so not for OP.

Yeah, thanks @Herbal Kint.  Before I bought them, I thought they were stable.  I'm glad they're not, it's impressive how much has come from them over the years :)

On 24/10/2023 at 9:50 AM, MidgeSmith said:

Yeah, there's something about cheese that is quite untouchable. It seems touch and go finding the right seeds for it.  BSB Genetics Cheddar #1 was a good one, still available at some third party sites I'd imagine.

Last I heard the fella was selling old stock out a friend's shop in Brum at a pound a seed. My outdoor mate bought a bunch, will have to see what he got

• Like 1

Just now, blerie420 said:

Last I heard the fella was selling old stock out a friend's shop in Brum at a pound a seed. My outdoor mate bought a bunch, will have to see what he got

You heard right.  He sells his seeds out of his dad's old jewelry shop in Northfield, Birmingham. IIRC his old lease over the road from there went tits up because of anti-weed prejudices.  His gaffe is now called Stoney Mill glassware I think and BSB Genetics seeds are also inside. I usually pop in whenever I'm visiting my mate in Brum.

I bought up a few packets of his end of line Rockster Cheddar #1 when they were on offer earlier in the year as you say.  His stock is all gone now I think and I'm clinging on to the one's I bought as they're as good as I've tasted. One day I will breed from them.

If you like Cheese, you could do a hell of a lot worse than getting a couple of your mate @blerie420

• Like 1