Strains without any sweet taste and flavour

Shaggy1

What strains have you ran that have had no sweet/fruity smells and tastes to them? Any that surprised you with the smells and taste?

I'm thinking along this lines of afghans and other hashplants, kush, chem and some old skunks. That musky, spicy, meaty, earthy, rotten, acrid, burnt rubber, all that jazz.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

I ran a pacK of Terp Fi3nds 24k x white cherry truffle. Why I never kept back my favourite I dunno. Mushrooms all day long. Every now n then an odd bang of orange. Really creamy smoke too. Honestly never had owt like it. 

e2a - I know you said sweet and I go n say orange lol But it wasn’t sweet or owt. The weirdest shit ever. Got a pack of Sour Tangie x WCT I’ll run in the new year. I’ll be backing those fuckers up a tell thee 

Edited by mikeydoughnut
  • Like 1

Seed Stockers Auto Panty Punch, very Afghan, quite hashy. I'd love to give the photo version a run. 

Old School Genetics Old Man's Haze, smells like sour milk. 

Old School Genetics Petrol Skunk, very powerful odour, meaty, greasy onions, fuel. 

Thats the top 3 non sweet/fruity strains I can remember, I've only popped a single seed of each though so there's a possibility of sweet phenos, but I'd be pretty surprised. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

Sour D by RP? Everything but sweet lol

Skunk no 1 or skunk in general if you find decent breeder ( let me know)

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Shaggy1 said:

What strains have you ran that have had no sweet/fruity smells and tastes to them?

Running a nl x g13 thats no fruit or sweetness at all, smells like good compost on the squeeze and slight fuel with peppery flavours on the smoke.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Herbal Kint said:

Sour D by RP? Everything but sweet lol

Skunk no 1 or skunk in general if you find decent breeder ( let me know)

I grew a Skunk #1 from Sensi Seeds at the start of the year and the pheno I got was all Pine.  Not what I was expecting at all...

• Like 1

Some nice sounding ones so far! It's so easy to find the sweet candy shit these days so got to hunt for the funk a little! 

I've been looking at Aces Chinese Yunnan amongst other things. 

I ran some Kali china and they came out smelling like varying degrees of Asian spices, grilled meat, earthy compost and something I can't describe, was not too strong but really feel good weed:skin_up:

1 tasted abit fishy though, literally, fish!:fart:lol

35 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

I grew a Skunk #1 from Sensi Seeds at the start of the year and the pheno I got was all Pine.  Not what I was expecting at all...

Sensi seeds are dogshit these days from what i have read online! 

Just now, nbenja3 said:

Sensi seeds are dogshit these days from what i have read online! 

There's quite a lot of posts for and against.  I dunno man, Skunk #1 has more phenos than Picasso got paint.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Seed Stockers Auto Panty Punch, very Afghan, quite hashy. I'd love to give the photo version a run. 

I love the Panty Punch, I haven't stopped smoking it since it was dry enough to smoke. It's quite an old school taste and smell, I believe that's why I'm drawn to it, but it still has a little fruitiness but it's not in your face, a well balanced musky type smoke, I love it. I've tried 6 Seedstockers strains and the PP is by far my favourite.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Danny killerZ said:

Mazar hashy afghan or a nice sour diesel 

Burnt rubber skunk 

White strains 

you just reminded me to look for a White Rhino / White Russian.

From my earlier days I remember one of these being super narcotic and having a smell that was intensely musky and addictive. 

that pungent ... musk .... lingered in your nostrils and in the air... but didn't attack my senses... more like a warm fart.. 

The smell itself and the noxious feeling in my mouth made it a favourite of mine which I never bothered to seek out..

If anyone knows which breeder I should be looking at pls point in the right direction. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sweettooth said:

Has to be that earthy skunk no1 or cheese flavours

Yeah, there's something about cheese that is quite untouchable. It seems touch and go finding the right seeds for it.  BSB Genetics Cheddar #1 was a good one, still available at some third party sites I'd imagine.

• Like 1