Anyone tried growing autos in a guerrilla grow?

childofmelee

1 hour ago, Crow River said:

My advice would be, don't put them out too early in the year. Cold temperatures or frost can stunt the plants at their most vulnerable stage of development, and you'll get next to nothing at the end. Different strains will have different tolerances of course, and there are so many auto varieties now. 

If planting straight outdoors, generally advisable to wait until the last frosts are definitely past. Dunno where you are in the south, but frost may or may not be an issue depending on how far south you are. What's your latitude? If it's less than 45º you should be fine to plant out fairly early.

Latitude 38º and we haven't had a frost in my area for over 10 years probably due to global warming because we use to get frosts almost everyday in winter.  I'll plant out 4 weeks later than we usually put out photos out in this area.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, childofmelee said:

Latitude 38º and we haven't had a frost in my area for over 10 years probably due to global warming because we use to get frosts almost everyday in winter.  I'll plant out 4 weeks later than we usually put out photos out in this area.

Personally I'd wait until you're having the maximum amount of sunshine on any given day.

I don't know exactly where you are, but I would be tempted to sow the seeds into their final pots about 4 - 6 weeks before the winter solstice, so mid November, you'll be getting the most sunshine and day lengths will be longer, to get the best out of autos they need a lot of light. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

Personally I'd wait until you're having the maximum amount of sunshine on any given day.

I don't know exactly where you are, but I would be tempted to sow the seeds into their final pots about 4 - 6 weeks before the winter solstice, so mid November, you'll be getting the most sunshine and day lengths will be longer, to get the best out of autos they need a lot of light. 

By coincidence I already planned on transplanting in mid November, unfortunately I'm in the Southern Hemisphere and I think your talking about the Northern Hemisphere.

1 hour ago, childofmelee said:

I think your talking about the Northern Hemisphere.

No; you have a solstice in December in the Southern Hemisphere, which is the longest day of the year, in the Northern Hemisphere this occurs around June 21/22.

So the day length will be at its longest in the Southern Hemisphere on December 21/22 which in the Northern Hemisphere is the winter solstice and the shortest day of the year, so planting in November is the way to go due to daylight hours increasing.  :hippy:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

No; you have a solstice in December in the Southern Hemisphere, which is the longest day of the year, in the Northern Hemisphere this occurs around June 21/22.

So the day length will be at its longest in the Southern Hemisphere on December 21/22 which in the Northern Hemisphere is the winter solstice and the shortest day of the year, so planting in November is the way to go due to daylight hours increasing.  :hippy:

Oh I see, alright.  Hopefully my auto seeds arrive in November, so far Delicious Seeds shipping has been awfully slow with my first lot of seeds, 29 working days and still waiting.

Edited by childofmelee
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...