Discolouration on leaves

Satchitananda

Just as I thought everything was going well, I spotted this, it's on most leaves. Could it be light stress? They are only 2-3 weeks old and I have been hammering them with PPFD for the last week, I have had the LED turned all the way up and 18 inches away. Bear in mind it's only a 150w LED but they are quite young so maybe I have over done it?

They were potted up a few days ago from their first pots, they have not been fed yet, just GA Root Tonic. I potted up to Canna Terra Pro soil, they started life in Tropic Mix but it was over a year old so I decided not to use it further. Is the Canna Terra a bit hot? Light stress? I did post here a week or so ag worrying about marks on the leaves and whther it was fungus but the consensus was that it wasn't. Any help much appreciated.

large.PXL_20231019_155712442a.jpg

• Like 1

What's ur PPFD .... for 2-3wks 300ish is good .... 18ins is high, try 12 and reduce your LEDs maybe down to 50% .... you can go lower I've been at 9" with 25% dimmer for seedlings and early vegging.

Can't help with soil … Sorry

• Like 1

I was around 300 until the last few days, it was cold so I whacked it on 100% which, at 18 inches was giving me a ppfd around 700.

• Like 1

700umols sounds too high for veg. Have you got fans blowing down through the fixtures onto the plants?  If you do this you push the heat back but without having to up the light intensity. 

• Like 2

Yea, I think I overdid the light, lol.

Temps are about 26-28c lights on and 20c lights off. I have a heat mat keeping the roots at 23c. Humidity is between 50 and 60.

I have turned the light down to 100 watts, which I think is around 350ppfd. I am out now so will check later.

• Like 1

PPDF of 700 is high for early vegging, when you move from seedling to vegging ur PPDF should be 500ish and that will increase to 700 as you go through veg. Around 7wks, it'll change again as you go into flower.:)

Need heat ... use a heater dude :yep:

:woot:

• Like 1

Just now, Satchitananda said:

I have 2 tube heaters on full, night and day. It's chilly we're the tent is.

Time to upgrade, maybe. But I'd say your temps look OK, nothing drastic there

• Like 1

Just now, handysmoker said:

Time to upgrade, maybe. But I'd say your temps look OK, nothing drastic there

I need to think about how to add more heat, it's only going to get colder.

• Like 1

The leaf edges curling could be a sign of stress, I had one do this and it was down to RH being too low, it did however require a lot of moisture in the air so I just let it go and it was fine. I think once you get the lights sorted you know its not that if the problem persists. My plants in veg wouldnt go above 350 without showing signs of light stress.

• Like 2

A good feed  I would flush with feed till I got a good run off not a heavy feed because that looks dry assuming coco coir.peace Goohfy.

• Like 1