Desktop vapes

sweettooth

So.. Im getting bored with my tiny might, im ripping the proverbial out of it everyday and its annoying me charging it all the time, Im in the market for a desktop vape.

Obvious contenders - the volcano OF COURSE.... DUH

BUT.......

Its soo expensive, (I want the Hybrid one), the thought of using the whip rather than inflating a bag everytime looks appealing

The other cheaper options are the Arizer ones and more specifclly the Arizer Extreme Q - anyone using this, whats it like?

Considering Im supposed to be "quitting" ahem... I mean... "cutting down" lol 500 notes seems a lot to spend on something I may fall out of love with

• Like 4

Been using the Extreme Q daily for 6-7 years now....not a bad thing to say about it. I only use the whip really, elbow packing is my preferred method but I do fill the bowl occasionally. Never had anything go wrong with it only replaced batteries in remote twice I reckon.

Just replace silicon tubing as needed. worth getting a ddave mod bowl as much more efficient. I also use a little glass 'one hitter' pipe with little crystals in as my mouthpiece, cools the draw and gives a little draw resistance, which I like. cost me less than a hundred new, maybe a bit more now but looking back it was a steal. A mate bought same model, same time, used it maybe twice and gave up on vaping, gave it to me for nought so I have a virtually brand new one in box to play with when mine eventually gives up the ghost. One of my best buys EVER! I've tried volcanoes and one or two other desktop vapes, volcano is probably more powerful but better? All about your personal needs I guess. 

• Like 5

I have a Volcano Classic and Mighty. 

I love them both. Both get me fucked up. The ABV is much lighter on the volcano and darker on the mighty. 

I want the onyx hybrid volcano but I'm happy with the fact I can carry bags up and down the stairs and around the house using the classic.
The whip would be a pain to clean and the digital stuff doesn't really appeal to me for an extra £150 or whatever.
Volcano Classic is a solid workhorse that needs very little maintenance. 

I'm looking at their new "Venty" which was released very recently. It looks appealing but £££..

I'll get that when my Mighty is retired / gets lost.or if I get a good deal..
 So far Mighty coming up to 3 years. Long ways to go I reckon. Though the battery has deteriorated, it can be replaced by opening the unit. 

Storz & Bickel all the way... I've had prior portables and wouldn't look at any other company for a dry herb vaporiser. 

Customer Service from this company has reportedly been 5* all the way but... 

Cannabis company "Canopy Growth" acquired them couple years or so but I'm sure they maintain the same standards of quality control.
time will tell if the customer service will maintain good rapport with customers. 

Edited by Axiom
  • Like 2

I really like the water attachments to my TM1, gives a smoother flavour imo. Are there water adapters for the desktop vape? I've seen the ones for the TM and other portable vapes, I may just have to put it on charge every night like my phone

edit - 200 notes for a bubbler for the volcano lol

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 1

Not used the volcano but hard to knock the extreme q especially for the price.

Just done a couple of bags funny enough fan can be pretty load which is a pain but certainly hits

Have a look at the DD mod if you go down the eq route

• Like 3

I have a Herbalaire which I haven't really used since I acquired a Mighty. 

I don't know if they are still making vapes but it does the job and I paid less than £200 for it but that was 12 years ago, it was the vape I used to quit the evil baccy. You don't have to grind anything just chuck a whole bud in the chamber and off you go, it does whip or bag btw.

The hybrid died on me the eq is still going 3rd one in 10yrs (fan died in one gifted the other ,then got another), the classic volcano i have is used more though as i prefer the valved mouth piece and bigger bowl

I have used the Extreme Q with bags daily for 7 years and it is brilliant.  The Volcano is maybe slightly better, but I feel like the Arizer has more finese.  The S & B machine seems to remove everything whatever temperature you use, whereas the Extreme Q removes everything if set to above 195C, but below, it does a fractional dry distillation, which is fun if you want to vary the effects you get from the same herb.

• Like 3

Just to add there is water attachmenta for the eq....not sure if come as standard or another dd mod

Got mine 2nd hand with extras for less than 50 notes. Still going strong 2 years on although lightly used as havnt managed to get away from combustion and dynavap my preferred quick hi vape

I really want the tm2 but can't justify the cost

• Like 1

I've had the Arizer XQ2 since it's launch 2 years ago and use it daily.

I use the whip, fuck the fannying about with crinkley bags with a laptop on my knees.

A bowl last me an hour, 2 half hour blast (it turns off after 30mins) start at 200 ℃ and up it by 10 ℃ every ten mins ish.

I give it a stir and then use the fan to clear the bowl @ 260 ℃.

Hardly any cleaning needed, the basket needs iso-ing about every 2 weeks and the elbow about very 2 months.

Its my first desk top vape and I don't have a bad thing to say about it

Gonna have a look at the ddave mods

• Like 2

Not used bags on EQ since I tried them for a novelty soon after buying unit. not me at all.... love the whip and 2 bowls will fry me in an evening, as BASStard mentions, you can stop and restart a session anytime a bit like chipping your J. DDAVE mods def worth a look, I use the 

offset mod for vaping a bowl and the fat kinda squashed mod for elbow packing, quite an improvement over the standard cyclone bowl I find.

• Like 1

I vote ball vape 

You'll need a coil, PID, stand, head, balls, bowl and a bubbler 

They're usually modular tho so the coil and PID (and balls, bowl and bubbler) may be compatible with other setups in the future.

Which is can be a plus as there are loads to choose from ...

Vapefiend have the Cannabis Hardware and Freight Trains which are very good 

Or there's the Qaromashop, b2cvape, cloud connoisseur, phase3, oconnell woodworks, vapvana .... 

• Like 1