Drying outdoors?

Whammyc

OK, ive had a good season. But I lost the house I was gonna dry everything in to the boys in blue last night. (Thank god i didn't cut down already) So drying indoors is not an option anymore. 

I don't have anyone that will let me dry it in their house either so that's out of the question.

So the only option is dry outdoors, I know it's not ideal but I'm sure it can be done

Has anyone got any experience with it? 

I was thinking to just make a triangular polytunnel out of the 7 foot bamboos I have on site and tarp over the top with either end open to allow air flow. I have 5 different plots with a fair amount of weed in each plot.

I was thinking wet trim and hang on drying nets under the tarp for a few days. Come back once a day to turn them over. That way if its drying out to quick I can put them in boxes of bags to slow it down abit.

Some of you have been growing for donkeys so must be able to help me stop all my hard work going to waste lol

Hi mate type in 'outdoor drying thread' in the Search bar there's a big thread ..Id our the link up but I'm on mobile at the moment 

• Like 2

I personally wouldn’t risk it I would just chop down and freeze the good stuff straight away and make some fresh frozen bubble at your own leisure. 

• Like 3

I would buy yourself a cheap chest freezer and freeze it all to run for hash. I picked up a new 200ltr for £170 a few weeks ago. Good job I did as I’ve filled it! Would never of fitted that in the family one lol 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hole in the clouds said:

I would buy yourself a cheap chest freezer and freeze it all to run for hash. I picked up a new 200ltr for £170 a few weeks ago. Good job I did as I’ve filled it! Would never of fitted that in the family one lol 

yes i agree with the advice.... :) for op 

but...here in holland any greens like the greens from below in spinpro is seen as ""thc containing material""    so same as weed :( ...they just weigh anything they find...

so its best to empty the freezer asap....since its also wet... and electricity is double prices since last year...

plenty ppl used to keep it in freezer till they had a decent amount for hash....bad idea nowadays... :( 

its would be nice if op @Whammyc gives a reaction... :) 

• Like 2

Easy Whammy,

Sorry to hear about the situation your in. I’ll be honest, as others have already said your going to struggle. This weathers not the one for drying at all, if your going to risk an outdoor dry I wouldn’t waste your time on a wet trim as it’s most likely going to turn to mush unfortunately. I don’t know if you can do such short leases but maybe a look at renting somewhere for a couple weeks - month and get a tent/filter/rad if needed set up. Could be very tricky to find somewhere suitable, never had to do it myself but that’s the only option I can think of for you. Good luck, let us know how you get on :yinyang:

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 9:27 PM, Hole in the clouds said:

Can you use fresh frozen for anything else or just bubble? 

Cannabutter/coconut oil can be made from fresh frozen material as you can separate the water from the fat once it has cooled :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 5

One dude I met was telling me he uses dry ice to turn everything to pollen/hash on site 

I thought you’d need the plant material to be dry first for that… but no you don’t 

I swear I did see one fella on here with pics included doing it

It’s true it can be done from fresh/wet plant material cause I just read an article telling you how to do it via a google search 

some folks on here do do some outdoor drying but five plots worth would be a real challenge me reckons … there again dry ice sounds like a right mission to 

Though another bonus advantage of turning it all to pollen/hash would be it would be much more compact to hide considering your shituation with old bill 

jus a thought 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys sorry I never got back to you I ended up renting a caravan for 2 weeks and putting a drying tent in there. Worked a treat!! lol had a little holiday at the same time.

• Like 9

On 04/11/2023 at 8:18 AM, Whammyc said:

Hi guys sorry I never got back to you I ended up renting a caravan for 2 weeks and putting a drying tent in there. Worked a treat!! lol had a little holiday at the same time.

Wow! Fair play that’s awesome dedication! :) 

• Like 2

On 11/10/2023 at 9:27 PM, Hole in the clouds said:

@DutchFox

Thats true! I will start soon. Can you use fresh frozen for anything else or just bubble? 

Rick Simpson Oil.

I couldn't find anything online about using fresh frozen but I've now done it multiple times with great results.

• Like 2

Just now, Underdog said:

Rick Simpson Oil.

I couldn't find anything online about using fresh frozen but I've now done it multiple times with great results.

That’s interesting definitely something to keep in mind! What alcohol do you use? 

• Like 2

Just now, Hole in the clouds said:

That’s interesting definitely something to keep in mind! What alcohol do you use? 

99.9% Isopropyl alcohol. I use a rice cooker. The stuff is rocket fuel. And of course has many medicinal benefits. ("A friend" makes this stuff specifically to help his nan with her crippling arthritis)

• Like 2