Silicon?

Gaijin

Are Shogun and Vitalink Silicon ok for soil? I have only ever used Plant Magic before.

Googling suggests they are ok for soil...

Edited by Satchitananda
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

But this will make your old root balls stand out in the garden. 

I run the lawnmower over my old balls in the garden :wassnnme:...nothing left then, clean as a whistle...:rofl:

• Like 5

@stu914 Agreed. I'll veg for longer and fill the pots with roots, but I'll try and remember to only add silicon to the feed at one end of the tent :D That will be the plan

As for balls out in the garden, I'll have to see how the neighbours feel about it 

@Black Shadow I had a bottle of Biobizz root tonic? Juice? Then once a week fulvic acid instead. I much preferred the Intense Nutrients Foundation but I thought I'd use up the Biobizz as it was sitting there doing nothing. What do you use? Any recommendations? 

@sweettooth I thought about that. I did try them on a smaller scale last run, they seemed to do ok. I might invest in some next run

@Mugwuffin Saw a vid about that a while back, and discussed that vid in a thread here. Then promptly forgot all about it :D Thanks for the reminder

@DeltaMelter It's about time I check the ph of my water. No clue what it might be

@Shumroom worm castings? Is that right? 

Thanks folks :) 

Edited by Gaijin
  • Like 1

Just now, Banarchylamp said:

How long are you vegging in the finals dude?

Atb Anarchycamp

Hello mate :) Good to see you around :D This particular run was a bit rushed, it seems. I was going from 4L to 10L. How long would you veg that for before flipping?

• Like 1

Always used silicon for years and years then lockdown ran out sure as fuck wasn’t gonna order online. Since then iv not bothered with silicon or boosters and get the same results with and without . So don’t bother anymore saves money and less additives stuffed in the plant.

• Like 2

@Gaijin I'd veg any pot up at least 2 weeks, especially the first which in my case is 1L.

I'll pull them out to have a look and if they aren't caked they stay vegging. Some might call it a stress test situation, the odd leaf can fall

Once in the finals 7.5/9L I put them under the main light and they go nuts within 2 week.

Daily water on the light side, but I cant say it'll work for everyone. 

Hope all is well dude, ready to run some new strains now. Smoked this for 2 years now:rofl:

• Like 1

I've had the rock hard buds that don't burn properly issue, I put it down to too much silica, my advice would be, be careful.

Also do you have much air movement in your tent? What I mean is do the plants physically move around due to air flow or are they pretty static? Getting them to move around in the wind will strengthen the stems.

I haven't had any strength issues since I've been gardening outdoors. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Banarchylamp said:

@Gaijin I'd veg any pot up at least 2 weeks, especially the first which in my case is 1L.

I'll pull them out to have a look and if they aren't caked they stay vegging. Some might call it a stress test situation, the odd leaf can fall

Once in the finals 7.5/9L I put them under the main light and they go nuts within 2 week.

Daily water on the light side, but I cant say it'll work for everyone. 

Hope all is well dude, ready to run some new strains now. Smoked this for 2 years now:rofl:

Well that's definitely part of what I did wrong :D I was about 4 weeks into 12/12 when I discovered the whole tent had gone to seed. I had these cuttings that I'd been given, which I then rushed through veg. I bet they barely had a week after potting up from 4L to 10L, then flipped. I'll give them ample time this next run :yep: 

That's two years of Amsterdam Nights, right? Could be worse lol I think that was the strain I last saw you grow on here. Be good to see you around the place again

42 minutes ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

I've had the rock hard buds that don't burn properly issue, I put it down to too much silica, my advice would be, be careful.

Also do you have much air movement in your tent? What I mean is do the plants physically move around due to air flow or are they pretty static? Getting them to move around in the wind will strengthen the stems.

I haven't had any strength issues since I've been gardening outdoors. 

I am notorious for using less than the recommended dose of anything at all. I probably single-handedly decreased the effectiveness of certain antibiotics :wassnnme:  I'll be careful not to overdo the silicon lol 

That is a good point regarding air movement; I could be a little more aggressive with the fans, I think. I've got them at "barely perceptible breeze" when I need the plants to be moving around a bit, don't I :) 

@Devon Cream no silicon for you: maybe your fan usage is better than mine. Are you quite aggressive with air movement?

Edited by Gaijin

I don’t remember mentioning worm castings :smokin:(that doesn’t mean I didn’t) lol 

I guess it depends if they’ve been fed on stuff which contains silica :) 

I’m totally the opposite when it comes to rooting out pots,

I wait until they are struggling in small pots before moving on up’ :D 

I just have to remember to keep hacking the plants back so they’ll fit under my lights lol 

I am considering trying a run with about 50(or so) single cola plants(clones) with minimal rooting time in 3l pots maybe :g:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

I wish I'd used silicon this run I've got buds like donkey dicks and no yoyos yet let's see how it goes few flopping about already but it's another one of them good problems to have. Think I'll get some canes next run and tie everything up when they start flopping.

Just now, Shumroom said:

I just have to remember to keep hacking the plants back so they’ll fit under my lights lol

I just had to snap my sweet zombie over lol 12/12 from seed and she's gone crazy during stretch just started budding up properly now not sure what day it is but it's taller than the sweet zkittlez I've vegged lol

• Like 2

@Shumroom apologies, you mentioned vermiculite and my brain thought “Ahhh wormpoo” as I nodded wisely 

lollollol not worm poo 

I will no doubt swing extremely towards ensuring my pots are 90% root before doing anything :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

I am considering trying a run with about 50(or so) single cola plants(clones) with minimal rooting time in 3l pots maybe :g:

Atb

:yinyang:

Love to see a good SOG aint seen one for years :) Someone used to do a perpetual SOG on here, am going back many many years, but it was so impressive to see.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Gaijin said:

I had a bottle of Biobizz root tonic? Juice?

That’s perfect for small plants and clones particularly when used as a foliar spray

For larger plants then Asoz or Soil Balance, although the latter can make plants grow really big, so use it carefully 

https://www.xtreme-gardening.com/azos

https://soilbalancepro.wordpress.com/about/

• Like 1