Athena EC In, 3200, Runoff EC, 1200, 6 day old clones

ExpatGrower

I've done an investigation into 4 top US brands with a clued-up guy from the US as we both wanted to know why the plants didn't burn up
In veg with such stupid EC values. 

Athena grow come back surprisingly low in Nitrate in comparison to other brands like Floraflex and the other 2

So the veg food is packed full of Potassium which in turn boosts the EC with out burning plants up. 

Let's be honest K is needed in higher amounts in late flower to keep sugar spinning to fruits, not in veg. 

I think it's a con with K as the filler and EC raiser in veg, it makes your flower and Terps pure cardboard so it's what ever you're in to I like flavour and Terps over yield and bad appeal 

Many a grower had straight pulled out of flower comps knowing it was grown with Athena

Just my opinion it does the business on yield and looks but that where it ends in my book

Edited by Unc Flawless
  • Like 1

@Unc Flawlessththanks for that great bit of information as it confirms my suspicions on Athena.

The buds look great but that's where it ends.

They come out completely bland and taste like cardboard.

I do like their little laminar flow tissue culture kit though lol

8 hours ago, Unc Flawless said:

I've done an investigation into 4 top US brands with a clued-up guy from the US as we both wanted to know why the plants didn't burn up
In veg with such stupid EC values. 

Athena grow come back surprisingly low in Nitrate in comparison to other brands like Floraflex and the other 2

So the veg food is packed full of Potassium which in turn boosts the EC with out burning plants up. 

Let's be honest K is needed in higher amounts in late flower to keep sugar spinning to fruits, not in veg. 

I think it's a con with K as the filler and EC raiser in veg, it makes your flower and Terps pure cardboard so it's what ever you're in to I like flavour and Terps over yield and bad appeal 

Many a grower had straight pulled out of flower comps knowing it was grown with Athena

Just my opinion it does the business on yield and looks but that where it ends in my book

That's interesting to understand how their ECS are much higher, however they say the reason for low nitrogen is it encourages higher THC. I also find it hard to believe Athena is to blame for cardboard tasting weed, and not the growing method, cause unless numerous huge facilities are lying about using Athena, the terps are just fine and I've seen numerous COA's that also back this up. It did test slightly lower going head to head vs mills on one video i saw... but it was a very basic test, and not following the athena program. Just Mills vs Athena standard grow method, no crop steering etc. I think you guys in the UK are currently behind the curve as Athena is taking over everywhere it markets, bag appeal, thc/terps, yield, its just an awesome program! But don't confuse using your old methods with these salts, it's meant to be a whole way of growing, a bit like replacing a beef burger with a protein shake but not working out... You wont get much results that way. 

What I noticed was that any lemony smelling strains turned out great but anything that was more skunky, cheesy, musky or dank just ended up really watered down.

Could be user error too but I just find it lacks in something in its composition.

Plenty people in Thailand use the term crop steering like they are veterans in the game but don't even have a sensor in a single pot not additional co2, just throw high EC feeds at their plants following the "schedule" expecting amazing results and then the product is garbage.

Just what I've noticed.

Just now, Thai Stick said:

What I noticed was that any lemony smelling strains turned out great but anything that was more skunky, cheesy, musky or dank just ended up really watered down.

Could be user error too but I just find it lacks in something in its composition.

Plenty people in Thailand use the term crop steering like they are veterans in the game but don't even have a sensor in a single pot not additional co2, just throw high EC feeds at their plants following the "schedule" expecting amazing results and then the product is garbage.

Just what I've noticed.

Interesting because the really good weed ive tried from it was Lemon or cherry. I should add, i'm probably going to use some fruit ferments on mine as a foliar to help with the terps. Just to be safe... Can't totally be sure if the reason the likes of The Jungle Boys, Stiizy and King's Garden don't do the ferments is just cause they're not scalable, and they made a big difference terps wise vs without from my limited experience!

I thought I was imagining it but having read the last few posts here i agree somewhat... my mate swapped out Canna for Athena a while ago and he reckons yield and quality are off the scale... side by side I'd rather his canna grown disco biscuit hands down over the Athena, its got more depth.

:yinyang:

• Like 1