Autoflowering Q's.

GreenVision

Hi all. My loft room is nearly ready, taking a bit longer to do than I originally hoped, cost is one issue and working in that tight space is another.

But I have 18mm OSB on the floor all done and the roof insualted really well and boarded up with drywall so I'm making some progress, will get some pics up once I can tidy it up a little, looks like a building site ATM.

I've had my eye on some Autoflowers I've wanted to try out for some time, got them today, seeing as I dont have time to finish my photo's before xmas I thought I'd throw a few Autos up there for a trial run. I was dancing with the idea of using coco but I've ordered some soil instead, not a pro with Autos but always had good results with soil, if it aint broke...

Trouble is I've ordered All Mix, didn't think before hand. Will the All Mix be too hot for the autos straight out the seeds??? Should I put them in something softer for the first few days then pot them into the All Mix in in final pots???

As I say I'm not too well versed in Auto's, I've done maybe 15 varities over the years but its been maybe 3 years since my last blast, maybe more actually.

I know some of you guys are guru's with the autos so any help / tips welcome, would love some pointers on good nutrient brands for autos, lighting schedules people use, do I flush Autos?.. I need help lol

Cheers.

• Like 1

I've read through some bits on here and tried a few Google searches, conflicting info as always.

Some say dont EVER pot up as the disruption to the roots will affect overall plant size / yield etc, others say do pot up once from a liite 0.5l pot to the final pots. Some say straight into All Mix should be grand, others say it will nuke em'.

Maybe I can put a little "Light" soil in the center of the All Mix about the size of a 0.5L pot, so by the time the roots hit the All Mix the seedlings should have at least a full set of leaves... Could also only feed root stim's etc until they have a few set of leaves...

Yh not an experienced chap with autos TBH. But I got to get something out before Xmas cos the current Photo's wont be ready till maybe Jan next year and I dont wanna wake up Xmas day without bud :no:

@stu914

large.6515e35d040c5_Loft5.jpg.915057c93b

large.6515e3586bc17_Loft3.jpg.ad06865f74

A couple of pics I took for the missus a few of days ago on the phone, trying to explain what I was doing but it still went over her head I think.

The ceiling is all boarded now, just the upright walls to board and then snagging and onto joining and finishing.

Not mucking about up there mate, I have a pretty serious active intake already in the works, I have 4 holes in the floor ( you can kind see one in the bottom pic) that will feed fresh air into the area, all the 4" ducting is already in under the floor, just have to pull it through the hole and fit the vents once done.

I'm not just doing a little area, the entire central area of the loft is getting fitted. I cant use it all for growing, but I figured if I'm gona do it might as well do it properly, and the loft needed to be re-insulated anyway as the rockwool up there was probably brought circa 1250 BC. The other end is gona be for the clones, mums, feeds, equipment etc etc.

So far I've put down nine 2.4m x 1.2 OSB boards on the floor, 8 Plasterboards on the two end walls, 17 Plasterboards on the roof and used 6 of my 10 rolls of insulation.

I can honestly say that working in a loft is the shittiest job Ive ever done. The garage was a much nice place to build a grow are for sure.

The rubbing down once the easifill is done is going to be a SHIT. :wallbash:

• Like 5

I don't envy you bud, that's a right dirty job you've got on there, mind you, once finished you'll have a cracking growroom.

It's nice being able to build from experience, knowing exactly what you need to do and what the pitfalls are.

I've also discovered the in's and out's of building/growing goes straight over my mrs' head as well...you're not alone..lol

• Like 4

I've been growing auto's for some time and I'll just say don't be scared to top them but I would do it before day 18 and defoliate the lower leaves. I was scared st first and I had huge 11 finger fan leaves but I get rid and around the final week I'll cut the leaves with stems off and manicure them up 

I do a 20/4 light schedule and my light off is right in the middle of the night around 11.15om to 3.15am that way I'll never have light leaks during light out  

Yeah I think you flush but depends on what you're using. I've been doing really great with biotabs and they're organic and you don't need to flush, it check PH or EC as you treat the soil prior to planting. 

I'll plant seed in soaked jiffy pellet and once born it's straight into the final pot. Some do straight to pot and I might try that one day but what I'm doing works 100% for me. 

Your grow room plans looks great, I was in the middle of making one in an old built in wardrobe but then it dawned on me if I ever got caught I'd be fucked as ive put thought into setting it up whereas if caught with a tent I can just plead I'm gullible lol

Edited by Darknight420710
  • Like 3

I would put them in something lighter, I would be concerned that All Mix is too hot for seedlings, like you say.

You can put them in lighter soil in .5l pots amd pot up according to this sticky (which I followed the one time I did autos)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GreenVision said:

Maybe I can put a little "Light" soil in the center of the All Mix about the size of a 0.5L pot, so by the time the roots hit the All Mix the seedlings should have at least a full set of leaves...

This is what I do, no problems yet.

• Like 1

Personally I would just scoop out a little hole in your all mix & just chuck a jiffy into it or a hand full of coco to start the seedling in. Auto's in general are a lot easier & forgiving. Only really common mistake i see is people assuming all auto will flower under 24hr of light. Yes they probably will if you have a year or 2 to grow some mosters out sure around 80% will flower with 24hr or if their extremely ibl. At around 18-22hr they will do great however reducing them to 12hr for the final 2 weeks will get rid of that low quality high people sometimes complain about. You get that last bit right & a lot of the time its actually stronger than most photoperiod strains. :hippy:

• Like 4

Used bio bizz all mix with autos and was fine,mine were crappy genetics tho ,was few years ago and I found a bag of it few weeks back,it was such a bad smoke I forgot I had like 10ounces left

See lots say mix some coco In and think it's a solid idea with autos In general

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 1

I'm getting on really well with starting my autos in Easy Plugs and blocks. We all know that any significant root disturbance will add unwanted recovery time to an auto's life-cycle so I germ the seeds with the plugs and the blocks already fitted together. As long as they're not in standing water, you can't overwater. Mine just sit on a capillary mat and do their thing. Very fast growth and enough feed for two weeks. The blocks are also constructed not to crack, crumble or otherwise fall apart when picked up so you can pot up effortlessly and when you wish to. Wish I'd found them years ago. 

I know how you're feeling about the construction. I'm half way through a major shed-build atm and it's daunting. My missus doesn't try to understand either, she's just happy for a ready supply. lol

• Like 1